• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    There were about 8, of us after the event, shooting. Some were still instructing, some were practicing, & I got my new scope sighted in on my AR. Everyone around my area got to fire a few firearms they have never tried before. Most of us left about 3 ET.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I was a bit surprised that I was the first one to arrive.

I also believe I was the last to leave, although someone(?) may have stayed to shoot on their own. As the last I was more than happy to use eminent domain on all leftover equipment, and that includes yers.

I will be happy to get together sometime to reattach you with your cooler.

------------------

Had a great time. Feel like crashing right now. I think my legs are burned.

Regards,

Doug

:yesway:

You wouldn't happen to have a green sandbag/rifle rest would you.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Big green can of Deep Woods Off.

Sadclown has some extra paper targets left behind. I may have an extra AK cleaning rod. "May" because I don't think I had mine attached to my rifle.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I was a bit surprised that I was the first one to arrive.

I also believe I was the last to leave, although someone(?) may have stayed to shoot on their own. As the last I was more than happy to use
    eminent domain on all leftover equipment, and that includes yers.

I will be happy to get together sometime to reattach you with your cooler.

------------------

Had a great time. Feel like crashing right now. I think my legs are burned.

Regards,

Doug

You call yourself a libertarian?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's Report

--MONEY STATUS---
    Pre event Pot: $64.43
    Expenses: $0.00
    Donations: $0.00
    Post event pot: $64.43
    ---

--FOOD STATUS---
    1 case of bottle water
    ---

--SUPPLIES STATUS---
    1 open box of forks/spoons/knifes
    1 package of opened napkins

All out of plates
    All out of food trays
    All out of garbage bags
    ---

--NUMBERS---

--AMMO--
    .22lr
    Balance Start: 10,410 (not counting ammo instructors used from their own inventory)
    Balance End: 8,325
    Usage: 2,085 (note 1)

Balance Start: 801
    Balance End: 1,378
    Usage: -577 (note 2)

7.62x39
    Estimates Start: 1619
    Ending Balance: 615
    Usage: 1004
    ---

---NOTES---
    NOTE 1:
    5 instructors all started off with their personal ammo donations which was not counting in the starting balance (4 on the 50 yard and one of the 25 yard). I will assume it was a box of 500 per instructor thus making it 2.5K that was used. Adding that 2.5K to the 2.1K used in inventory gets us to 4.6K which is within the average we go thru from year to year. (between 4k to 5k)

NOTE 2:
    Either the .223 starting round count was wrong or someone donated additional .223 this year that I was not aware of.
    @Sadclown did someone drop off additional ammo at your bench?

---PARTICIPATES & STAFF---
    DNR reported that 125 people were pre-registered for the event. They reported counting 128 people attending the event. That is the highest number of participates in the 5 years we have done this.

Participates: 128
    DNR Staff: 10 (includes 1 spouse of DNR)
    4-H: 4
    INGO: 23

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Event Thank You Letter

Another successful event all because of you guys!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU

to everyone that helped make this event possible from the coaches you spent 4 hours teaching non-stop, to the cooks who feed us some :drool: food and all the donors who provided ammo/firearms for the event even if you could not attend. Once again we had ammo donations come from all over the state at times via several pick-up/drop off runs from one member handing it to another handing it to yet another. :) Your generosity for this event continues to surprise me.

The cooks outdid themselves again this year. Bacon cheese burger anyone? :) There were over 6 different types of cheese to chose from as well. Plus all the fixings onion, lettuce, tomatoes. And baked beans and potatoe salad as well and talk about mustard. At least 4 different kinds of mustard. Plus hot dogs for the anyone that did not want a big burger. They went just as quick as the burgers did. :D
    Thank you cooks because your support is very much appreciated. Sure you don't see the smiles on the kids faces but you keep us all hunger free and well hydrated and that support we take for granted as we are busy with everything else going on.

Photographers I did not forget about you. Like ninjas you were everywhere and nowhere and the pics you have posted are amazing! I love that one with the girl's little painted nails hands loading a magazine. Your paparazzi style big lens can indeed camera the moment.

A big shot out to 1775usmarine for taking the lead once again on the T-Shirts and having us look all proper and organized. I personally appreciate that you can handle that load for this event.

Jedi

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's Event Comments & Suggestions

Here is the suggestions that I was able to gather from participants, volunteers and DNR.

- Reloading demo so kids can take home some type of souvenir
    - Capping the event to 140 participates due to capacity
    - 50 yard safety tape all the way to the sides to avoid kids coming in from the sides
    - bug spray station

bigretic is working on an idea of giving us an old shotgun shell reloading station that we can C-clap to a picnic table for a demo. We need someone to be able to man this station and we can use the shells from the skeet range (that day) to re-crimp (no powder off course).

Good/bad news in terms of participants. Having 125 people come is great but alas we are bumping into the physical limits of what WINAMAC can handle without their being long lines to participate. This year all of our stations had about a 5 min wait time due to the number of people attending. There is not much we can do about increasing the facility so the only other option is maybe time slotting participants. Say from 8-10 group A and 10-12 group B. That way we can do 125 for group A and 125 for group B. But even then we will again be capped at 250 max. If we do this next year DNR says they will cap it at 140 max for the day.

Which brings up the question? Do you guys want to do this again next year?

Top Bottom