• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I'm glad to see it. It is absurd for Walmart to have "below market" prices (presumably to keep shooters coming into their stores) only to have speculators and price gougers take it all. Six boxes is a reasonable amount--a good trip to the range. Perhaps this signals some improvement in supply. I'm still waiting to see the Chinese ammo.:rockwoot:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Like the clerk in Fishies Waltermart told me, he would rather sell two boxes at a time to twenty customers, then eighty boxes to one. Works for me and I gettwo boxes of Blazer Brass .40 anytime its there. That is if I get there before you other nineteen guys!:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    At the Fishers Wal-Mart I bought six boxes of the Winchester Winclean .40SW BEB tonight. The price is now $9.00 per box of 50.

Yes, that's right. Nine dollars. It's red-tagged like it's on clearance, but they had many loose boxes of it. There may have also been some closed cases of it, but I didn't pay enough attention.

The six-item limit still applies.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    $9 a box of (50) .40 ?!?
    And lucky me on a business trip to sunny Portland Oregon right now, how much you wanna bet, I get back in town tomorrow evening, there will be any left?!? And I will stop cause I live 3 miles from there.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I went in there this morning because they had 9mm. The manager waited on me. BB still at 8.98/50 but now the limit is 3. I asked about Walmart's nationwide policy of six and she says, "But we reserve the right to set our own limits based on our customer's needs." So, I took what I could get.

BTW, there were several cases of .40S&W covered up in the back of the case. I asked her what's the deal with that. She says, "I can't tell you." ????

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI:

:patriot:

UPDATE: They now have a sign posted for the 6 box limit as of this afternoon (Thurs. 04/30/09). Also.... I spoke to the MILF babe dept. manager and discovered she's a shooter!!!! :wow::bacondance:

:postpics:
    :D

Thanks for the info been a while since I've been to the local W up here (NWI). Last time I was there there were out of everything. :xmad:

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    BTW, there were several cases of .40S&W covered up in the back of the case. I asked her what's the deal with that. She says, "I can't tell you." ????[/quote]

I asked about the .40. They said because of a price discrepancy. Sounds like one of the employees had it marked down too cheap. So they weren't selling any until they checked out the pricing.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Had my choice

Stopped by this morning and had an unusual experience. I had to decide how many and which kind of ammo I wanted to buy. They had wwb .45, cases of wwb 9mm, and 10-12 bulk 500 packs of .22lr. Still 6 box limit but for the first time in a long time I felt comfortable only buying three boxes. A couple .45 and one .22lr. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Just flew back in from Portland stopped by Wal-Mart (96th st) around 9PM, no .40/45/38/357 ETC ETC, ONLY WWB ($10.97 for 50 FMJ) 9.mm
    ball, plenty on the shelf, three cases in the back of the cabinet.
    Some JHP 50 rd WWB boxes too...............six box limit, so if you need 9.mm...................go today!
    (7 May 09) :patriot:

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Just got back from there. Terrence at the counter said there was now a 3 box limit. I'm gonna change my shirt and put on a fake mustache and go back there at lunch.

Looked like they still had the two cases in carboard box and about 20 or so boxes loose. Looked like they had some .380 also.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Just got back from there. Terrence at the counter said there was now a 3 box limit. I'm gonna change my shirt and put on a fake mustache and go back there at lunch.

Looked like they still had the two cases in carboard box and about 20 or so boxes loose. Looked like they had some .380 also.

Not exactly. From the original post:

UPDATE 2: As of today (Weds. 5/6/09 @ 2:45PM) New goofy twist on the 6 box limit (according to W/M employee "Terrence") is that you can only get 3 boxes of any one caliber. Now this is getting a little absurd. I supported the 6 box limit, but now this is effectively a 3 box limit if you only need one caliber. :dunno:

blablabla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    it kinda sucks but then it can be a good thing as people stalk walmart at 7am when they restock, buy all they can get their grewedy hands on and pirate the ammo out for double what they paid!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ah Terrance, My bespecaled blue ball cap wearing friend, usualy he just shakes his head NO?!? When I come in through the auto repair door and head his way...so they "HAD" loose on the shelf and three cardboard cases in there too now down to two, means the 9MM is selling fast, the limit keeps gun store employees from buying all three cases and selling you the $10.97 WWB, back to you at their range/store at $29.95 a box.

Terrance my hero, keeps asking me "WHY" ammo is selling so fast?!? If only the Chinese made and sold Walmart ammo, like everything else we would see full shelves and cheaper prices.:yesway:

Last edited:

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    It's enought to make you want to start Hoarding ammo.

FWIW, I went to the Wal*Mart in Carmel yesterday and the only pistol ammo they had was .32ACP. I need some for my Kel-Tec, but not at $18.99 a box. I think they also had some 44 magunm.

Tractor Supply just up the road from there does not appear to sell ammo, but they have everything else.

Wal*Mart on 86th street & Michigan had no pistol ammo and only three boxes of .223plinker ammo, of which I bought two.

I HATE supoprting Wal Mart, and Galyan's and Dicks aren't much better. Too bad we don't have a Cabelas near Indy.

Top Bottom