65% of homicides involve alcohol....?!?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Watching History channel 2 (i know...) and i think its "a history of beer", and they throw a stat up on the screen that says that 65% of homicides have alcohol involved....how would one verify this?????

being candid: if that were true, compared to whatever the percentage of homicides that are firearms related...(and assuming they didnt mean someone intentionally drowned another human in a vat of beer)...why wouldnt they try to just ban alcohol????

...........compared to the stats on how many homicides have firearms involved, it seems that it seems that alot more people thani anticipated are drowning people in beer...????

i feellike if they wanted to reduce the murder rate to evenlower than it is (down 50% in past 20 years) they could just ban alcohol.......that would make a much larger dent than banning 30 rnd mags......

jus sayin

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Every Murder I've done involves drugs of some kind--meth, pot, booze, coke. Don't think I've had a murder involving horse.

Attempted Murder same thing. That dope deal where the dealer took the cylinder of .32s to the head, everyone was high, smoking dope all day. That's why he used the .32 instead of the SKS beside him.

Lot of Robberies involve booze or dope too. Chemical Courage.

why wouldnt they try to just ban alcohol??

The Uplifters tried that. Just lead to more crime.

In banning guns the Left gets the satisfaction of attacking The Other and fulfilling a Station of the Cross for Leftism.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I read somewhere that the high ninety percentile of crime comes down to three things.
    money, drugs, or sex.
    (alcohol being included as an intoxicant)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Every Murder I've done involves drugs of some kind--meth, pot, booze, coke. Don't think I've had a murder involving horse.

Attempted Murder same thing. That dope deal where the dealer took the cylinder of .32s to the head, everyone was high, smoking dope all day. That's why he used the .32 instead of the SKS beside him.

Lot of Robberies involve booze or dope too. Chemical Courage.

The Uplifters tried that. Just lead to more crime.

In banning guns the Left gets the satisfaction of attacking The Other and fulfilling a Station of the Cross for Leftism.

How many murders have you done exactly?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I highly question the 65 percent number is really accurate. For example, I bet they aren't counting car accident fatalities as homicides, unless someone involved in someway was drinking. Then it magically becomes a homicide for their numbers.

As far as murders go, IME the vast majority are drug deals gone bad, followed closely by domestics, with a few mental cases thrown in.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I highly question the 65 percent number is really accurate. For example, I bet they aren't counting car accident fatalities as homicides, unless someone involved in someway was drinking. Then it magically becomes a homicide for their numbers.

As far as murders go, IME the vast majority are drug deals gone bad, followed closely by domestics, with a few mental cases thrown in.

how often do you think it's truly a drug deal gone wrong....and not a planned homicide gone right......if they wanna rob the dealer, they cant be afraid to shoot...and vice versa

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    how often do you think it's truly a drug deal gone wrong....and not a planned homicide gone right......if they wanna rob the dealer, they cant be afraid to shoot...and vice versa
    Some go in fully prepared to kill, others get caught up in the moment. Either way, homicide isn't the planned endgame going in most of the time, it is counterproductive to prosperity unless you are talking a turf hit.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I would imagine that a lot of domestic murders involve alcohol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Every time these things (murders/home invasions) hit the news the spouse and I both say....He should have paid his man and left the mans girls alone. Pretty much covers the Money, Drugs, Sex angle.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger
    And finally drank away her memory
    Life is short but this time it was bigger
    Than the strength he had to get up off his knees
    We found him with his face down in the pillow
    With a note that said I'll love her till I die
    And when we buried him beneath the willow
    The angels sang a whiskey lullaby

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Alcohol ruins more lives than drugs, and results in more property damage, broken families, and dead bodies. There is no logical reason that alcohol should be legally handled differently than drugs, and vice versa.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Why would a fatality due to a car crash be classified as anything *other* than a homicide?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Because homicide normally means a killing by another human being with at least the implication that there is fault on the part of that other human.

Homicide merely means that death was caused by the action of a human, as opposed to natural causes, disease, accident, etc. Murder, manslaughter, suicide, and justified self-defense are all forms of homicide.

Top Bottom