• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I wonder what their ratio of firearms and fighting training vs dealing with overdoses and various social worker training is.

I got my answer:

basically 95% social worker to 5% cop training. And sadly, that's not an exaggeration. Multi day classes on CIT, Creating an Inclusive Environment, Implicit Bias, Procedural Justice, Community Engagement, etc. No firearms training at all, period. And DT for four hours every two years.

Absolutely, yes.

Mostly I see *****ing about how hard handed the police are and how we should be phenomenal lawyers with the ability to know every law at a moment's notice, compassionate social workers with the hearts of angels and the training to handle every possible type of personality we will ever come across, and the ability to solve the domestic problems they've spent years creating in five minutes. Then when the **** hits the fan people ask what ever happened to firearms training and physical tactics? I'll give you a hint: The public wants social workers, not fighters... until it's time to fight. Then the pubic wonders why they got social workers and not fighters.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's taken some time but this country is getting the police it has been demanding. Actions, decisions and demands have consequences, welcome to the "age of enlightenment" where we're able to outsmart human nature.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    In the military you are taught to follow orders but you are REQUIRED to question illegal orders. Otherwise the military would be just like Congress.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes.
    And if the tell you to stand fast, and instead you run in and trip a sensor which then blows up a class with 30 kids?
    The problem is, knowing which order to disobey.
    Sometimes easy, sometimes hard.

As a nuke, we were supposed disobey certain orders if it would violate the integrity of the reactor plant.
    Even if you were ordered to do it, you would be held accountable.
    BUT.. you had better be dead nuts on your evaluation.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's taken some time but this country is getting the police it has been demanding. Actions, decisions and demands have consequences, welcome to the "age of enlightenment" where we're able to outsmart human nature.
    I hear what you're saying Phylo. The trouble is for every 50 million whose nature isn't an issue there's a Manson or a Unabomber.

I like numbers, but humans mess up my numbers.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes.
    And if the tell you to stand fast, and instead you run in and trip a sensor which then blows up a class with 30 kids?
    The problem is, knowing which order to disobey.
    Sometimes easy, sometimes hard.

As a nuke, we were supposed disobey certain orders if it would violate the integrity of the reactor plant.
    Even if you were ordered to do it, you would be held accountable.
    BUT.. you had better be dead nuts on your evaluation.
    Not knowing what we don't know is serious problem. Explosives were planted at San Bernardino, but didn't detonate. Does someone have Intel they haven't shared? Again, we don't know what we don't know.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I hear what you're saying Phylo. The trouble is for every 50 million whose nature isn't an issue there's a Manson or a Unabomber.

I like numbers, but humans mess up my numbers.

I think he's referring to our innate fight/flight response, how humans perceive and process information during extreme stress, etc. Not morality, ethics, etc. aspect of human nature.

rGamble

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Seymour
    That was probably one of the funniest things I've seen. I feel sorry for the citizens of San Diego who depend on their pd. Then again, all those people are good kids, they were improving their life yadayada

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have witnessed and participated in this type of activity during my career. One person fires and everyone starts blazing it’s not uncommon behavior. I do believe it’s related to the fight or flight instincts and target fixation. Once the brain gets the adrenaline it reverts to its lowest level of training. A well trained fire team, Squad, Platoon will avoid this by waiting for commands from the Leader and avoiding target fixation by maintaining the sector they are responsible for.
    Easier said than done to get a person to “cease fire” you may have to physically grab them. This could lead to you getting shot by a person hyped on adrenaline, tunnel vision, startled response ect.
    It requires a good amount of training to wait and not even look in the direction when someone is firing.
    With an ad hot team that has never trained together and has no clear leadership the results IMOP can easily be reproduced with any group of people.

BTW
    You can often bait a enemy by firing a few rounds at them. If they start blazing back you can ID size, location, type of weapons ect.
    Then you take the best course of action and take them apart. If they respond with a controlled fire you are against a trained foe.

Top Bottom