• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    MRockwell, I know you have a billion pictures to go through, if you happen to see one of someone shooting my blue Savage Rascal, I'd appreciate it.
    It only came out a few times for the smallest kids, so your wife may not have gotten it.
    There is a pic of it. I’ll see if I can find it again.

Found it.

That girl loved that pink rifle. Was talking about it at the lunch table.
    :)
    That’s my daughters rifle :) We just added a red dot to it, I’m hoping it will make it easier for her at a steel plate challenge.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    The little girl who was using the pink rifle was not only a first time shooter but her mom (whom brought her and her son) was concerned at check-in of the activities as they had never been around guns before. They all walked away with a smile on their faces. It is these people that make it all worth it. She was not anti-gun but someone who had never experienced firearms before and was afraid to try them. This event gave them a proper setting to have a good experience with firearms and walk away seeing them in a different light then what the media always shows them as.

That right there makes the entire event, all the hard work, the logistics of pulling it off worth it.

:rockwoot: :D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes. Thanks to everyone from INGO, DNR, 4H, and others that helped.
    There were MANY happy people that day.

I think when I have time, I need to put up a thread on cross dominant eye shooting, since they all seemed to get sent to me.
    :)
    Not that I minded, I enjoy a challenge, switching shooting eye, or shooting hand.

And I'm glad the new Savage Rascal got a workout.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Updated Post #1 with all the details of the event.

I have in my possession donations from Chemteach($40) and Actaeons dad, Larry($20). If you want to reupdate the first post to reflect that Jedi

Just fyi i used 650 rounds of 22lr that i brought with. I had several mags loaded prior to coming and then used an additional 400 of my Blazers as well as a 325 brick of the ingo stock. So i used roughly 975 rounds at my station
    I was letting most of the bigger kids run full 25 round mags. The smaller kids using the pink 10/22 each shot 10 rounds each.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Topshot had two Anschütz precision match rifles, 1 left hand and one right hand.

The little ones rang steel with his help.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    MRockwell, I know you have a billion pictures to go through, if you happen to see one of someone shooting my blue Savage Rascal, I'd appreciate it.
    It only came out a few times for the smallest kids, so your wife may not have gotten it.

Ask and ye shall receive:rockwoot::
    If you want the originals, PM me with your info. They are huge files(around 5MB each).
    UvTgjpV.jpg
    [/IMG]

3nqlf5N.jpg
    [/IMG]

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    Ask and ye shall receive:rockwoot::
    If you want the originals, PM me with your info. They are huge files(around 5MB each).
    UvTgjpV.jpg
    [/IMG]

3nqlf5N.jpg
    [/IMG]

I remember that girl. Her dad said the rifle's name, Rascal, fit his daughter's personality. I had zero problems. Your rifle shot well (Thanks Acteon), all my shooters were patient, polite and appreciative. Not to mention, the food was very good. Hope this event continues.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I remember that girl. Her dad said the rifle's name, Rascal, fit his daughter's personality. I had zero problems. Your rifle shot well (Thanks Acteon), all my shooters were patient, polite and appreciative. Not to mention, the food was very good. Hope this event continues.

When someone asks why I "need" so many guns, "so I can loan them to someone in need" is often an answer, if I give one.
    Yes, I remember the Dad saying that. Maybe he'll remember the name, and maybe she'll get a Rascal in the future.
    Even though it's a "kids gun", Savage did a good job with the trigger.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At the end of the day, my Ruger 10/22 was starting to jam.
    But, I hadn't cleaned it after the last hard use. So, it started the day pretty dirty.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Out of curiosity would we be able to add a black powder range next year?

I ask people, as possible, when they are leaving what they liked the most. A common answer is not the guns but the skeet shooting and often the crossbow.

So I was thinking, with the care taken to load and fire a black powder weapon they may like the fire and boom.

The problem as I see it is that black powder is so damned dirty. We'd need a large quantity of rifles and/or pistols so we could have someone cleaning some while the others are in use.

Good idea, bad idea, or mixed?

Doug

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Out of curiosity would we be able to add a black powder range next year?

I ask people, as possible, when they are leaving what they liked the most. A common answer is not the guns but the skeet shooting and often the crossbow.

So I was thinking, with the care taken to load and fire a black powder weapon they may like the fire and boom.

The problem as I see it is that black powder is so damned dirty. We'd need a large quantity of rifles and/or pistols so we could have someone cleaning some while the others are in use.

Good idea, bad idea, or mixed?

Doug

I think it's a great idea. Maybe hand out tickets to keep the line down so everyone gets a chance.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    As stated before we should decide in the next few months if we want to continue. If so we should start getting donations in Jan and have volunteers at least listed by March. This way dnr down state has time to approve and change the flyer. We can make an unofficial flyer if they are dragging butt.
    :popcorn: Seems like there is interest in having the 7th Annual NWI INGO/ DNR Winamac Youth Shoot.

Top Bottom