• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am interested.

If we want the next generation to pick up the fight for gun rights, then we need to show the next generation what fun it is, and how to be safe.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    it was a learning experience for me on the 25 yard range to seeing how Actaeon277, Chemteach, and MRockwell had a good interaction with all the kids and adults and they came away with a positive attitude from shooting. Most wanted to shoot the pistol over the rifles. Big thanks to Mrs. MRockwell for all the pictures that were posted and her running all over the place. :bowdown:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    it was a learning experience for me on the 25 yard range to seeing how Actaeon277, Chemteach, and MRockwell had a good interaction with all the kids and adults and they came away with a positive attitude from shooting. Most wanted to shoot the pistol over the rifles. Big thanks to Mrs. MRockwell for all the pictures that were posted and her running all over the place. :bowdown:

Yes, I shoulda brought my m&p .22
    I forgot

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm in. I mean, my parents can't go on their retirement cruise again during the Shoot, Father's Day, & my anniversary, right?

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I'm not sure what the DNR rules are, but I know we could safely run two pistol lanes from one bench at the 25 yd range. If we're not willing to give up 2 of the three benches to pistols. Or we could include 1 bench at the 25 yd and 1 at the 50 yd ranges.

BuickGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Winamac
    I'm in for next year. Had a good time. The flight from Chicago to Philly was delayed almost 3 hours from 9 pm sunday to nearly midnight. I was in bed 4am Monday and made it to work on time monday. Glad I bought more SR25 Ruger magazines at the Hammond Cabelas on my way down from Chicago. On a side note there was a Hammond Officer parked out front near closing Friday, I said I was from 2208 58th ave in Merrillville and asked if there was a Officer Mathew Jones who is my age and lived across the street. His eyes lit up and said yes. Maybe some day I can hang out with my former neighbor who I haven't seen in over 30 years. Apparently he is their firearms training officer. Anyway after the event I removed the last of the siding from my garage so I can take it down and not get hit over the head on my home owners insurance on the Winamac house. Maybe I can host a after party hangout next year. It was a expensive trip

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm in for next year. Had a good time. The flight from Chicago to Philly was delayed almost 3 hours from 9 pm sunday to nearly midnight. I was in bed 4am Monday and made it to work on time monday. Glad I bought more SR25 Ruger magazines at the Hammond Cabelas on my way down from Chicago. On a side note there was a Hammond Officer parked out front near closing Friday, I said I was from 2208 58th ave in Merrillville and asked if there was a Officer Mathew Jones who is my age and lived across the street. His eyes lit up and said yes. Maybe some day I can hang out with my former neighbor who I haven't seen in over 30 years. Apparently he is their firearms training officer. Anyway after the event I removed the last of the siding from my garage so I can take it down and not get hit over the head on my home owners insurance on the Winamac house. Maybe I can host a after party hangout next year. It was a expensive trip
    Yes. But, you got t have some fun, so there's that. :)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Thanks a ton for coming out! You definitely were/are committed to the event and it is much appreciated

BuickGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Winamac
    Hey guys i'm driving out the end of next week, for the whole week of the fourth. If anyone is interested in a range day let me know !

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hey guys i'm driving out the end of next week, for the whole week of the fourth. If anyone is interested in a range day let me know !

If i can swing it im hoping to take the thursday and Friday off after independence day. If i can im in for either one of those days

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Sorry I couldn't attend, been a hectic time here. And I'm late to the party. If anyone has pictures to share, would you be so kind as to post them to our Facebook page?

I would scoure the links and save and post them but I have a limited data plan on my phone since I left my house. Here's the link to our fb page, and if your on fb and haven't liked our page yet, feel free to do so.

WinamacFamilyFunShootingRangeEvent

https://m.facebook.com/WinamacFamilyFunShootingRangeEvent/

Last edited:
    Top Bottom