Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I shall make all effort to attend.

My friends are in Boston this weekend so I'll check when they return if they can make it. If they can we'll bring plenty of bacon cheeseburgers again along with the baked beans and potato salad.

I already have a cool INGO shirt from last year so I shouldn't need another one.

Regards,

Doug
    :bowdown:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Jedi, any word from Dnr yet on a flyer? Looking at 5-6 weeks to solicit a few more donations

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    When I get confirmation that the date is open for my friends I will let you know.

IF they attend THEN we will have food! Jack loves cooking and is more than happy to do so.

I just tell my friends they have to come. I'll explain that nobody likes me but you all let me play if I bring the cook.

They have enjoyed the last couple of times attending and I enjoy helping out where I can.

The only issue I have now is my little Coleman camp stove has an issue. If the gas can is facing up (as it is supposed to) gas flow is 100% for about 2 seconds, after that it goes to about 10%. If it is turned upside down then gas flow remains at 100%. If anyone can explain WTF is going on with it I would appreciate it! I am not mechanical.

Thanks,

Doug

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    When I get confirmation that the date is open for my friends I will let you know.

IF they attend THEN we will have food! Jack loves cooking and is more than happy to do so.

I just tell my friends they have to come. I'll explain that nobody likes me but you all let me play if I bring the cook.

They have enjoyed the last couple of times attending and I enjoy helping out where I can.

The only issue I have now is my little Coleman camp stove has an issue. If the gas can is facing up (as it is supposed to) gas flow is 100% for about 2 seconds, after that it goes to about 10%. If it is turned upside down then gas flow remains at 100%. If anyone can explain WTF is going on with it I would appreciate it! I am not mechanical.

Thanks,

Doug

Just remember most of us didn't eat till the event was over and food was running out. I think if you guys can do food we should have a cooler set aside for the workers after everything is done.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Thanks,

Doug

I have a spare red tank that works that i will give you. Just remind me.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

Thanks,

Doug

I have a flattop that I can bring if needed.
    41oyAIi2y3L._SY400_.jpg

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just remember most of us didn't eat till the event was over and food was running out. I think if you guys can do food we should have a cooler set aside for the workers after everything is done.

Jack wanted to do some special food for the INGO folks and DNR workers separate from the bacon cheeseburgers for everyone else when we first started coming. He was thinking of several racks of BBQ ribs in the beginning. The problem was that service was simultaneous with the burgers. There would be no way to separate the "staff" food from the "public" food, so we just went with the same for everyone. It will be very easy for us to bring more and set a reserve aside for INGO and DNR if necessary.

However, if folks did want to wait until it was all over to eat then we could bring a little extra for the INGO/DNR staff and still serve bacon cheeseburgers to the public.

Or I could simply deliver food to the ranges as done the first year.

When I can confirm with them that they can make it perhaps this would be the year to do some special food for INGO/DNR when all is over? We can discuss in a couple of days.

Regards,

Doug

EDIT: As of now it is 90% likely we will be having bacon cheeseburgers and potato salad at a minimum! I just heard that wife and daughter will be in Texas visiting relatives so Jack will be available to accompany me and cook. So unless he makes big plans to to major work at home (yeah, right) we will be attending and bringing grub.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Now at 100%. Just got confirmation. We will be there with plenty of food. This will include multiple cheeses, mustards, etc.

So the only thing now is will our INGO and DNR staff want to eat after the event or during?

If it is after we can do something more special just for us. Do folks want this or will they be ready to pack up and leave? Or we can do both. Bacon cheeseburgers for those who want to leave right when it is over AND something extra for those who want to stay, eat better, share a cigar and some good conversation. Your call.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I think I speak for Jack when I say we can do either. We would both enjoy getting home early and we would both enjoy staying, eating better, and socializing. Either way will work for us, although I lean a bit toward staying.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Now at 100%. Just got confirmation. We will be there with plenty of food. This will include multiple cheeses, mustards, etc.

So the only thing now is will our INGO and DNR staff want to eat after the event or during?

If it is after we can do something more special just for us. Do folks want this or will they be ready to pack up and leave? Or we can do both. Bacon cheeseburgers for those who want to leave right when it is over AND something extra for those who want to stay, eat better, share a cigar and some good conversation. Your call.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I think I speak for Jack when I say we can do either. We would both enjoy getting home early and we would both enjoy staying, eating better, and socializing. Either way will work for us, although I lean a bit toward staying.

Thats awesome you'll make it. Thanks a bunch. Being as we're gonna be somewhat short staffed i would have to say probably eat after event. We are not allowed food at the benches anymore there. They made an execption for us with drinks last year but not sure they'll make an exeption for food. Let others chime in and see what they have to say though.
    Thanks again

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    no flyer yet.
    will ask dnr again about it.
    they were on some type of out of town event last week.
    thank you for stepping up with food.
    ill ask dnr about food at bench.
    they were thinking of pizza after event i think for staff/volunteers but not sure.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I know I'm a newbie for this event, but I won't be eating at the bench while instructing. Personally I think that sends a mixed message to the youngsters since you should wash hands before eating after shooting. I'll wait until it's done.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I like the extra lead in my diet. Usually I do not wash my hands for several days after I shoot. I have my wife tape plastic bags around my hands when I shower.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    you are misreading the eating.

in the past instructors would rotate out to eat.
    so while u ate, backup instructor would teach.

effective 2017 dnr has a no food at the bench rule while the range is open. the rule was not in efective for last year event.

we setup food n tables in the parking lot to eat.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So no delivery of food to the range. Got it.

I'll have Jack just serve food as normal over in the same area as last year if that is acceptable.

It sounds like we may(?) want to go with both options. We can have DNR staff and INGO volunteers come grab some food if they want AND we can bring something extra for post event. I think the versatility would be best.

Can people just PM me that are going to want to stay later so that we can prepare for after the event. I'll keep a count, that way Jedi and others aren't being pulled in too many directions. (Presuming this is good with Jedi?)

At the minimum for now it will be bacon cheeseburgers and potato salad during the shoot. For afterwards that will take a discussion on our part and I probably won't get that serving choice out until next weekend. It will be a bit more special for all those who volunteered.

Since I know I won't be running food this year do ya'll want me at the "safety" table again?

Doug

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    just emailed dnr to see how many staff they have n how many 4h staff. if u can do safety table that wouls be great unless u r needed as cook.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So no delivery of food to the range. Got it.

I'll have Jack just serve food as normal over in the same area as last year if that is acceptable.

It sounds like we may(?) want to go with both options. We can have DNR staff and INGO volunteers come grab some food if they want AND we can bring something extra for post event. I think the versatility would be best.

Can people just PM me that are going to want to stay later so that we can prepare for after the event. I'll keep a count, that way Jedi and others aren't being pulled in too many directions. (Presuming this is good with Jedi?)

At the minimum for now it will be bacon cheeseburgers and potato salad during the shoot. For afterwards that will take a discussion on our part and I probably won't get that serving choice out until next weekend. It will be a bit more special for all those who volunteered.

Since I know I won't be running food this year do ya'll want me at the "safety" table again?

Doug

:+1:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom