• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Congratulations on making it out alive. Thank you for your service to the citizens of Indiana! Thank you for your educational efforts as well. LE doesn’t have enough quality trainers to go around, and good ones are worth more than will ever be acknowledged.

Here’s to a successful “retirement”!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Better to have bought the farm literally now than risk "buying the farm" due to the job beating you down. I am sure the world is a little safer for your efforts and you've earned a rest.

THIS!

Thank you for your service my friend, and good luck on your future endeavors. Glad to hear you got out with your pension. You deserve it.

You need fainting goats, btw.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thank you for your service to our community and city. No doubt you made a possitive impact in more lives than can be counted and that is something to be very proud of. Many people go through a whole lifetime and not make such an impact for good.
    I hope the transition to your new life will be smooth. Sometimes its hard for people to accept. I would encourage you to surround yourself completely with the people you trust and love and not push them away or hide any feelings you have. They will lift you up. If you worship, then find comfort in that as well.
    You have great things ahead of you still just in a new roll. And now you get to be alittle selfish for once and do things that you never had the time to do before. Well earned. I hope you heal up as best as possible and find some comfort with that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks for all of the kind words. I've got a lot of work to do around the new place before we add more critters but thanks for the suggestions! lol

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll tag on with a public "thank you" for your service, with a hint of personal "thank you" for some of your specific service. :) You deserve whatever maximum you're entitled to, even if it is ultimately insufficient to really compensate you for that service.

On an interesting side note, your situation is REMARKABLY similar to that of another INGOer that I know. :D Before too long, you guys might be indistinguishable. ;)

(You may not think that's funny, but I'm laughing.) :D

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    congrats on retirement! remember a bad day at home is better than a good day at work!!!!!

rest, relax, travel, enjoy time with the fam, and most of all...shoot guns at targets or 4 legged animals (now that you don't have to shoot the 2 legged kind that shoot back!)

get back into gunsmithing, (if you get bored in retirement and want something to do) but most of all dont stop living! rather than become a couch potato waiting for the end!, if you get a part time job, make sure it's something you enjoy!, (you had enough stress being a leo)

my dad was my best shooting buddy!, he retired about 8 months after my mom passed, and for about 3 years he was active, then he slowed down, and now I couldn't get him out of the house to save his life, I talked to him last month on his birthday, and made the comment that the last time we made it to the range was a year ago! (we went on his birthday we went shooting then I took him to lunch).

I know a few retired people (not police) and every time I see them I ask "how are enjoying your retirement?"...and honestly not one say's I hate it, one even says "it gets better every day!" with a smile on his face!

once again a big congrats!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've been asked to but unfortunately I don't have a facility to use. Maybe some day.

First off, congrats and thanks! Major life milestone.

I'm replying with quote to "bump" this thought so it gets more exposure. Hmmm, if only there were already established training groups/businesses on INGO that could add you to their faculty to teach and/instruct on topics... Seems like that would make it a lot easier for you to try out the waters. You have a certain set of skills the fine folks of the gun community would love to apply to many aspects of civilian shooting.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Let me add my congratulations to the others. I've never know you to do anything "halfway" so I imagine you'll do this transition with similar focus and gusto! :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It's not hard to find a venue to teach and Lord knows there's a demand for it. So many people know so little and believe they know so much.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Agreed on this. Phylo, with your credentials, you should be able to become an instructor just about anywhere you would want to, I'd think.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Thanks for your years of dedication. It takes a special human being to do what you did, for as long as you have. We are all indebted to you. It's a debt that can never really be repaid but my sincerest thanks for your service. I wish you all the very best that life has to offer.

God bless you phylodog.

Top Bottom