• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I thought it went well. Although my first year, it looked slower than other years. I think Indy dropped the ball some on that. So note for next year. Also, next year I'll try to bring out the 22 pistols i have as well, so there is a bit of variety. They had about the longest line as well. I heard the SCAR was a big hit, so I'll be glad to bring that again.
    Also, very liked the display, although i didn't get to see or spend too much time there. Loved the variety and difference of weapons there. Great collection from everyone

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought it went well. Although my first year, it looked slower than other years. I think Indy dropped the ball some on that. So note for next year. Also, next year I'll try to bring out the 22 pistols i have as well, so there is a bit of variety. They had about the longest line as well. I heard the SCAR was a big hit, so I'll be glad to bring that again.
    Also, very liked the display, although i didn't get to see or spend too much time there. Loved the variety and difference of weapons there. Great collection from everyone

Maybe next year we can ask the DNR about having 2 rifle and 2 pistols set up, instead of 3 rifle 1 pistol

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Maybe next year we can ask the DNR about having 2 rifle and 2 pistols set up, instead of 3 rifle 1 pistol
    Great minds think alike. :thumbsup: I like to think this event is a work in progress and how can next year be better to educate all who show up. A BIG Thank You for all who helped make this happen. :bowdown:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I heard 1 DNR guy say that that weekend was Graduation weekend in the area and that could be one reason for the low turn out. We might check on that next year.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    First off, THANK YOU to all the volunteers and organizers!

I was at the 22 pistol table, and although it started out a little slow, it was nonstop all day. At one point I looked over and there was not a single person at the 22 rifle tables, and there were three people in line for the pistol. Having a second pistol table would be good.

I went through 500 rounds at the pistol table. I would load five magazines with five rounds each, and most people would go through all five. Maybe next year it would be best to only go through four magazines. Most people that shot the pistol had never shot a pistol before, and every one went away liking it.

The pictures that PhotoNinja took are being loaded to imgur right now, so I will start posting them soon.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    First off, THANK YOU to all the volunteers and organizers!

I was at the 22 pistol table, and although it started out a little slow, it was nonstop all day. At one point I looked over and there was not a single person at the 22 rifle tables, and there were three people in line for the pistol. Having a second pistol table would be good.

I went through 500 rounds at the pistol table. I would load five magazines with five rounds each, and most people would go through all five. Maybe next year it would be best to only go through four magazines. Most people that shot the pistol had never shot a pistol before, and every one went away liking it.

The pictures that PhotoNinja took are being loaded to imgur right now, so I will start posting them soon.

You did a great job over there on the pistol as well. I was next to you with the 22 AR. If we do, i have 2 other 22 pistols for next year. So, if we have 2 stations we'll have a spare pistol as well. Of course I am sure others might volunteer their's as well.

PhotoNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2018
    Noblesville
    I love this event! It's fun to stand back and watch the reactions of both parents and kids, as they enter the shooting stalls, timid and uncertain then walk out with a big grin on their face. Several of them seemed pretty darn proud as they walked around with their targets.

Food was great, conversations were fun, weather was great and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to teach others about the love of guns!

FYI: pictures are taking longer to upload than expected but they are coming.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I love this event! It's fun to stand back and watch the reactions of both parents and kids, as they enter the shooting stalls, timid and uncertain then walk out with a big grin on their face. Several of them seemed pretty darn proud as they walked around with their targets.

Food was great, conversations were fun, weather was great and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to teach others about the love of guns!

:popcorn:

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    WgXgWnY.jpg
    [/IMG]
    t37QMHV.jpg

9TpOR5C.jpg

HfFdKAj.jpg
    AuQVpSC.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

:yesway:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed my 1st INGO Shoot. Great to meet the ones a was able to; wish I had visited all the stations and met everyone, but the time just flew by so fast. I had to leave earlier than I had planned, so missed out on the comradery afterwards; I'll fix that for next year. I was impressed with the job the DNR did, at least on the set-up and everything. It sounds like there may be some areas for improvement, and Doug from the DNR sounded like he'd like to help address those issues for next year.

Also, I don't mind doing larger numbers of flyers and posters next year, if we can get good distribution. Maybe the DNR's posters got out there. Being up north here, I don't know, but I'd like to figure out a way to ensure distribution, especially in key areas. I know there were several posters at good spots here in NWI, but I didn't get the impression we drew many from NWI.

Is that info available from the DNR (where people were from)? I don't mean names and addresses, obviously, just where people were from, in general.

It was fun seeing the smiles on participants, especially the youngsters, as they discovered what a 20 gauge feels like in real life, away from their computers. I have a few unique 22's and such I can share next time. Overall, a very successful event, I think, with room for improvement to make it even more fun in the future. Thanks to everyone that made it happen!

Oh, also a raffle next year, to raise money for the following year; a nice .22 rifle or something would be way cool for some lucky participant. I might even have one or two candidates to raffle off.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom