• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed my 1st INGO Shoot. Great to meet the ones a was able to; wish I had visited all the stations and met everyone, but the time just flew by so fast. I had to leave earlier than I had planned, so missed out on the comradery afterwards; I'll fix that for next year. I was impressed with the job the DNR did, at least on the set-up and everything. It sounds like there may be some areas for improvement, and Doug from the DNR sounded like he'd like to help address those issues for next year.

Also, I don't mind doing larger numbers of flyers and posters next year, if we can get good distribution. Maybe the DNR's posters got out there. Being up north here, I don't know, but I'd like to figure out a way to ensure distribution, especially in key areas. I know there were several posters at good spots here in NWI, but I didn't get the impression we drew many from NWI.

Is that info available from the DNR (where people were from)? I don't mean names and addresses, obviously, just where people were from, in general.

It was fun seeing the smiles on participants, especially the youngsters, as they discovered what a 20 gauge feels like in real life, away from their computers. I have a few unique 22's and such I can share next time. Overall, a very successful event, I think, with room for improvement to make it even more fun in the future. Thanks to everyone that made it happen!

Oh, also a raffle next year, to raise money for the following year; a nice .22 rifle or something would be way cool for some lucky participant. I might even have one or two candidates to raffle off.

Thanks for your help. Takes a lot of people for this event to run smoothly and a lot of behind the scenes work to get it done while making it look easy. Now the big question . Who is interested in The Eighth Annual NWI INGO Family Day?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thanks for your help. Takes a lot of people for this event to run smoothly and a lot of behind the scenes work to get it done while making it look easy. Now the big question . Who is interested in The Eighth Annual NWI INGO Family Day?

Im in of course! I feel its our duty as gun owners and 2A supporters to help reach as many new shooters as we can, to not only teach safety, but also to ensure future generations support the 2A.

I would even be in for doing it twice a year, but im sure it would be difficult to get enough volunteers to do that. Could leave the date off the shirts so they could be used multiple times and 90% of donations (probably still have to purchase a few new shirts each event for new volunteers) could go to ammo and other essentials.

Wouldn't mind if we could do it from 10am to 2pm either. Seems like it usually gets busier between 9-10am. Would allow people to not have to get up quite so early, especially those that have to drive an hour plus and deal with an hour time change as well. (Not just us volunteers, but the attendees as well)

PhotoNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2018
    Noblesville
    Wouldn't mind if we could do it from 10am to 2pm either. Seems like it usually gets busier between 9-10am. Would allow people to not have to get up quite so early, especially those that have to drive an hour plus and deal with an hour time change as well. (Not just us volunteers, but the attendees as well)

:yesway:

PhotoNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2018
    Noblesville
    Thank you MRockwell for reviewing all photos and selecting the best ones. I think we started with a little over 400 pics and he got it down to 255....not an easy task.

Also, next year we need to get a group photo of all the volunteers. Jedi tried to gather the group this year but I think everyone was to tired:)

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Larry, how did the Henry shoot for you? I wish I could have stuck around to shoot that. Maybe someday we can have a Henry show & tell & shoot. I have the .327 carbine; would be cool to try the .327 and .357 side-by-side. I have a couple other interesting caliber Marlin's you might like also ... 32 H&R, .41 Mag, .44 Mag .357 long barrel Octagon, etc ...

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thank you to everyone who helped make this a GREAT display!

We were able to show military firearms going from the Revolutionary War through today. That was awesome.

Next year I need to get little paper tags for the firearms, a tripod with a sign for the display, more firearms, increase my own knowledge, etc etc etc. This year was a good learning experience for me so that I can hopefully improve everyone's experience in future events.

Having people be able to actually hold the weapons gave them a greater appreciation of what our forefathers had to lug across swamp and field and forest while marching.

Regards,

Doug

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thank you MRockwell for reviewing all photos and selecting the best ones. I think we started with a little over 400 pics and he got it down to 255....not an easy task.

Also, next year we need to get a group photo of all the volunteers. Jedi tried to gather the group this year but I think everyone was to tired:)

We had some people watching gear since the range opened back up.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We had some people watching gear since the range opened back up.

Yep! With several folks donating firearms for display I wasn't going to wander off unless someone else was there to keep an eye on things.

Maybe(?) next year we could do small group photos of each individual section before folks start to have to leave? It wouldn't be a huge group photo but it may cover everyone.

Doug

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

Yep! With several folks donating firearms for display I wasn't going to wander off unless someone else was there to keep an eye on things.

Maybe(?) next year we could do small group photos of each individual section before folks start to have to leave? It wouldn't be a huge group photo but it may cover everyone.

Doug

Or do one before they open at 8

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thank you to everyone who helped make this a GREAT display!

We were able to show military firearms going from the Revolutionary War through today. That was awesome.

Next year I need to get little paper tags for the firearms, a tripod with a sign for the display, more firearms, increase my own knowledge, etc etc etc. This year was a good learning experience for me so that I can hopefully improve everyone's experience in future events.

Having people be able to actually hold the weapons gave them a greater appreciation of what our forefathers had to lug across swamp and field and forest while marching.

Regards,

Doug

Maybe a small paragraph about each gun printed out.
    I have a laminator.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Larry, how did the Henry shoot for you? I wish I could have stuck around to shoot that. Maybe someday we can have a Henry show & tell & shoot. I have the .327 carbine; would be cool to try the .327 and .357 side-by-side. I have a couple other interesting caliber Marlin's you might like also ... 32 H&R, .41 Mag, .44 Mag .357 long barrel Octagon, etc ...

Well, I only got about 6 rounds through it myself.
    It functioned well.
    Some other people shot it also.

I need to take it to a range and shoot it again to check the sights.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    A series of videos, on a screen or device, of each firearm would be something nice to add to that booth, i.e. All the workings of black powder, etc. I would think that would be right up someone's alley on INGO. Just thinking out loud.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I only got about 6 rounds through it myself.
    It functioned well.
    Some other people shot it also.

I need to take it to a range and shoot it again to check the sights.

With the front dot buried in the bottom of the buck horn rear, your dad and I were both grouping 3 inches low and 1 inch right of the bull at 50 yards.

Top Bottom