repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

This is good.

So then we should print up a brief paper with a "thank you for coming" and please leave us your thoughts.

I would think the paper should ask them to mention their favorite activity, their least favorite, and possibly what we can do to improve next year. Getting the input and feedback will probably help with future events. The nice thing is that if anyone wants us to do something stupid we just ignore it, while the good ideas get put in the hopper.

I was also wondering if we could do a display of American military rifles through history? Having some sort of display could distract people for a bit and possibly slow down the turnover on the ranges to give them a little bit of a pause as people wandered off. I could supply a M1903, an M1 Garand, an M1 carbine, and a CR-15 that was like what was used in Vietnam. All that would be left for the last century would be an M1911 from WWI, an M1911A1 from WWII, and a few others such as a trench shotgun, a tommygun, and a BAR. I'm sure there were much more I'm not thinking of now but that would give a very rounded display of American military firearms of the 20th century. I have nothing near replica nor original from the 18th or 19th century.

Regards,

Doug

Well, as my brothers will be there, I can lend an M1 Garand and a 1903A3 Springfield (Made by Remington) so they can see those. As of my current situation, still unsure if I can attend, or if I will be able to donate ammo (especially for those two rifles, 30'06 isn't the cheapest). Although they are certainly fun to shoot.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well, as my brothers will be there, I can lend an M1 Garand and a 1903A3 Springfield (Made by Remington) so they can see those. As of my current situation, still unsure if I can attend, or if I will be able to donate ammo (especially for those two rifles, 30'06 isn't the cheapest). Although they are certainly fun to shoot.

I don't think it would be good to shoot the military weapons. That would require another range along with another person to instruct and possibly another range officer. Let us not freak out Jedi on having more to do. He needs enough blood pressure medicine over these as is.

I am hoping to have the display as a diversion from the range, to take just a few folks away from shooting to create some natural pauses for the guys at the range so they aren't slammed with people all the time.

In my utopian view there would be a single representation of every American military firearm going all the way back to the Revolutionary War, both long arms and sidearms. I'm talking basically government issue, otherwise we'd need a whole lot of space.

Your 1903A3 Springfield would be awesome! I have an M1903, so there could be a discussion of how the weapon was upgraded.

I'll start another thread regarding military weapons where people can post what they would be willing to donate for display only and see what kind of display we could put on. That way it won't distract here.

Can we count on your M1903A3 as being in the mix?

Regards,

Doug

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I think its a great idea as far as a display. Definitely would say a no as far as shooting them but like you said, as a distraction and educational purposes, i really like the idea

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

I don't think it would be good to shoot the military weapons. That would require another range along with another person to instruct and possibly another range officer. Let us not freak out Jedi on having more to do. He needs enough blood pressure medicine over these as is.

I am hoping to have the display as a diversion from the range, to take just a few folks away from shooting to create some natural pauses for the guys at the range so they aren't slammed with people all the time.

In my utopian view there would be a single representation of every American military firearm going all the way back to the Revolutionary War, both long arms and sidearms. I'm talking basically government issue, otherwise we'd need a whole lot of space.

Your 1903A3 Springfield would be awesome! I have an M1903, so there could be a discussion of how the weapon was upgraded.

I'll start another thread regarding military weapons where people can post what they would be willing to donate for display only and see what kind of display we could put on. That way it won't distract here.

Can we count on your M1903A3 as being in the mix?

Regards,

Doug

Absolutely. I will make sure Actaeon has it. I will also lend the M1 Garand too (as they are both in the same bag). Even have the Bayonet that goes on it too, so we can put that on the side for the display as well. I am still trying to make it, but sadly, I have no idea what I am doing this week, let alone next month or even a few months out.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Absolutely. I will make sure Actaeon has it. I will also lend the M1 Garand too (as they are both in the same bag). Even have the Bayonet that goes on it too, so we can put that on the side for the display as well. I am still trying to make it, but sadly, I have no idea what I am doing this week, let alone next month or even a few months out.

Great! Thank you.

I have the Garand covered so don't worry about that. I will need the M1903A3, so I have it down from you in the other thread.

Regards,

Doug

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Absolutely want it! I have you down for it in the other thread.

Less than a day and we have a good list started.

Doug

As soon as you've got the thread ready to go and drop the link in here, I can add to the list. That is unless we are strictly sticking with US firearms. Otherwise, it would give me good reason to get the cosmoline off my k98 bayonet to name an item.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As soon as you've got the thread ready to go and drop the link in here, I can add to the list. That is unless we are strictly sticking with US firearms. Otherwise, it would give me good reason to get the cosmoline off my k98 bayonet to name an item.

It is already done and right next to this one.

Thanks,

Doug

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thread bump!

Still need a few more volunteers to commit.

Jedi, can you inquire about getting the flyer process going so i can solicit donations?

Anyone willing to donate money for the event can contact me via pm

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I will go ahead and commit to working the [STRIKE]Skeet[/STRIKE] Trap range.
    Don - GPWI will donate as usual.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Count me in. Wherever you need me. Do you have enough rifles? Pistols? I'll bring a brick of .22. Still waiting for info for posters/flyers, which I'll donate. Need a good INGO digital logo; not a web logo.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Who is doing shirt donations this year?

Steve, DNR has to give us the poster. Last year they gave it to us about a month prior. There is no way to light a fire under them. PM jedi and see what he can do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom