• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Once I dump all 8 rounds of 12 gauge birdshots into the bad guy, I'll use my BENELLI M1 SUPER 90 as a club, & according to some of you, I do more harm using the benelli as a club than shooting it:laugh:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Once I dump all 8 rounds of 12 gauge birdshots into the bad guy, I'll use my BENELLI M1 SUPER 90 as a club, & according to some of you, I do more harm using the benelli as a club than shooting it:laugh:

Of course.You also do more harm if you have a bright flashlight on the gun or even a laser that you can point in the eyes of your attacker. :D

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Jesus Christ people, this topic has been discussed ad nauseum. If someone is coming down your hall to harm you or your family, you need to stop him dead in his tracks, not wound/injure/tickle/mame/scare/intimidate/bruise or teach a lesson to, STOP HIM!!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Jesus Christ people, this topic has been discussed ad nauseum. If someone is coming down your hall to harm you or your family, you need to stop him dead in his tracks, not wound/injure/tickle/mame/scare/intimidate/bruise or teach a lesson to, STOP HIM!!

Please don't say that first statement the way you did!:) k thanks!

As to your other point, I'm quite sure from ten to twenty feet bird shot would stop them! Not tickle!

And no I don't have bird shot for home defense, I have my .458 socom or 5.56 AR for that!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Birdshot is not a self defense round.

Since Melensdad said it, I'd thought I'd comment on this sentence.

If bird shot was all the :poop: that some people think it is like ole Destructo, and could be used in a self defense situation against a man......

Then it would no longer be called BIRDSHOT, it would be called MANSHOT.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Hey gunman41mag, I got a stupid question for you.....

You've dumped all 8 rounds of 12 gauge birdshot into the bad guy and pummeled him to death with your now broken Benelli 12 gauge.

What are you going to do to when the 2nd or 3rd guy behind him takes that broken Benelli and beats you to death with it because you was foolish enough to use birdshot?

Just asking a stupid question.:dunno:

I now wait for some kind of awesome reply.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I would like to meet these men that can take #8 and keep coming like it's nothing. Especially the ones that can take 6-8 rounds of it.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would like to meet these men that can take #8 and keep coming like it's nothing. Especially the ones that can take 6-8 rounds of it.

Ever run into a amped up crack addict, or some one sorting a pcp buzz?

Ever see a deer take a slug and run till it drops a half a mile away?

Birdshot ain't gonna do it. Gonna need something that'll turn meat to mush so it can't move.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ever hear of the 1986 FBI Miami shoot out where the bad guys were shot multiple times in the head and chest with .38 special but kept fighting and killer several agents?

If .38 special might not put someone down why the HELL would I want to use birdshot when there are better options?

COULD birdshot shot? Of course. Like someone else said, a BB gun MAY work, I try to not trust the lives of my family on too many maybes. Use something proven to STOP people, not scare or injure them.

Remember, when it comes to self defense, it's PHYSIOLOGY, not just PSYCHOLOGY.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'll stick to "OO" buck and slugs for HD in my shotgun. If I use up all those and my #4 and #6 shot I will switch to #8 birdshot. Do I believe it can mentally and physically stop one or more intruders, probably (I don't want to be shot by it). Do I want to make it my first line of choice, no. Just like .22LR isn't my go to choice for EDC. No I'm not saying #8 birdshot is the same as a .22LR. Just making comparison. If you want to use #8 birdshot in your HD shotgun then by all means go ahead. That is all.

Top Bottom