Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'm sure everyone has seen this post already: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...arms-billet-lower-easy-jig-3.html#post6304982

If not, 80% arms put up a promotion where if you create a review as an established member on a forum (Good, bad, or indifferent) they will send you a free 80% ar-15 or ar-10 lower.

I took them up on the offer via email as suggested, and they responded the next day with a shipping confirmation/tracking #.
    Free Lower Promotion | 80% Arms

WOW, good for you !!!!!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Good read. I want to see pics of the "fixed" trigger guard to see how that came out. The engraving was outstanding!

Still some final filing and media blasting to be done. Am waiting on my 3rd lower to be finished with engraving.
    I would have liked to have elongated that front hole a bit, but I don't have the equipment or skills... thankfully the other two lowers are in much better shape!
    DSCN3877_zpskb9t4mi0.jpg

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    longest build EVER!!!
    a few steps closer to final build... still waiting on tax stamp, as this is going to be an sbr.
    AllenM did the cerakote job and helped smooth out my 'lightening holes'... It's AWESOME! Color filled today. Paint was still tacky, so it's showing a bit of glare (Flat black), but I couldn't wait to get photos!

DSCN3957_zpsxo29pq6p.jpg

DSCN3962_zpscajylnok.jpg

DSCN3963_zpsol2quiab.jpg

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Those makeup sponges my wife uses work great for removing the excess paint! I was worried about paint thinner on the cerakote, but then saw how durable it was. After testing on the underside of the grip area, I was confident it'd hold up! The texture left behind from the laser shows a bit while the paint was still tacky... hopefully it will flatten up as it dries. If not, I will apply more coats.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Yea you can use brake cleaner on it too. I have not found a chemical that hurts it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    AllenM mixed a little black in to tint it a hair darker, but yes... basically.

Damn... Well, I might "know a guy" with a very similar lower who was planning the same color. Now [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] he has to decide whether to continue as planned or go a different direction. :facepalm:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    longest build EVER!!!
    a few steps closer to final build... still waiting on tax stamp, as this is going to be an sbr.
    AllenM did the cerakote job and helped smooth out my 'lightening holes'... It's AWESOME! Color filled today. Paint was still tacky, so it's showing a bit of glare (Flat black), but I couldn't wait to get photos!

DSCN3957_zpsxo29pq6p.jpg

DSCN3963_zpsol2quiab.jpg

Robby MaQ, some how I missed this thread and am so grateful you posted this picture. I absolutely love it. There is drool all over my keyboard and my breathing has gotten heavy.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    ...and, after waiting so long for the tax stamp, it's done. 7.5" barrel. Then I had to get a model # & Caliber engraved on the receiver. The caliber was not visible (on the barrel) through the handguard, and I made the mistake of providing a model # on my form 1 application (which I realized later was not required in the case of an 80% milled lower). But once a model is spec'd on the application, it must appear on the receiver.
    Well, I have to get some BUS. I've moved the eotech back to the last slot on the receiver rail since these pics.
    Took it out today for it's test run, and ran like a top! It's been a fun ride! Thanks to everyone who helped me out with questions, engraving, coating, etc! It's a one of a kind that has little value to anyone else in this world, but to me it means everything!

sbr-004_zpsmngc7q2l.jpg

sbr-002_zpsluslxcf5.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom