• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's a big boy! Most of us have seen heavier pigs at the county or state fair, but those chubsters don't move around a lot. That's a feral pig that went about the business of making a living on his own. HUGE.

I saw an episode of Buck McNeeley's old show where he took a contest winner hog hunting in Arkansas. Buck emptied a long barreled .357 into a pig that was maybe 250 lbs and had to reload to bring it down. The contest winner had a Desert Eagle .50AE, a much bigger hog (I vaguely recall 600lbs, but suspect it was more like 400 lbs) and it went down with one shot like a poleaxed . . . pig. The bigger of the two was a peewee compared Mr. 820!

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    I read an article where the author shot a charging 250lb boar with an AK47 10 times before it finally dropped. Taking down an 800lb hog with a .38? I hope that guy wears a weightlifting belt to help support the weight of his steel balls

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There was a video posted on Ingo a year or so ago showing a guy dumping a 1911 into a 200lb or so hog. It took a lot of .45 to drop the hog.
    OK class.... can we say "shot placement" now?

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    There was a video posted on Ingo a year or so ago showing a guy dumping a 1911 into a 200lb or so hog. It took a lot of .45 to drop the hog.
    OK class.... can we say "shot placement" now?
    Obviously a fake video. .45 is a death ray. Gunny Hathcock shot a VC General with one at 800 yards and it vaporized his entire regiment.

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    [FONT=&quot]What I was Vaguely referencing[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Hathcock’s most respected work as a sniper was done during his two tours of service in the Vietnam War. He set the record (since broken) for the longest documented sniper kill—a confirmed kill at 2,500 yards (1.42 miles) with a .50-caliber Browning rifle. He was also in a five-day engagement that devastated an entire company of Viet Cong soldiers. One of the most disciplined kills he made was accomplished by crawling 1,500 yards across an open field over the course of three sleepless days to take one successful shot at a Viet Cong general. (Skeptics have commented that no Viet Cong general is known to have died of gunshot wounds during the years Hathcock was in Vietnam.)
    [/FONT]

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My guess would be a head shot. The article says he was 12 yards out when he fired. So I could see that.

And technically, a .357 mag is a 38 caliber.

wrong the 38 special is actually a 36 caliber just like the 357. Just stating facts as I remember them. The first so called 38's using 36 caliber cap and ball pistols and I believe the name just stuck.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I skeptical too. While there are a lot of wild pigs in the southern part of the state, that monster is just too big.
    Generally, for a wild boar to get that big, they are trapped, neutered, and released into a fenced in area with paid hunters. Skeptical also.

He killed Cecil the pig. Lynch him! :cool:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Does the bacon from a penned hog Not taste like bacon. Either way if it got out and came 25 feet from my deck it is bacon soon. Reminds me of the way they used to hunt deer in brown county state park before the reduction hunts. Marshmallow's and a ball peen hammer.

There was hog zillia where was eating some high calorie food from a farm close by. But all and all I would have the smoker fired up and pork but on the long smoke.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am not biting.Even with tusks,that is no wild hog.

Generally, for a wild boar to get that big, they are trapped, neutered, and released into a fenced in area with paid hunters. Skeptical also.

He killed Cecil the pig. Lynch him! :cool:

reading the comments in the article, one poster says it was a penned hog that got out while it's owner was on vacation. But telling that doesn't make the story

Does the bacon from a penned hog Not taste like bacon. Either way if it got out and came 25 feet from my deck it is bacon soon. Reminds me of the way they used to hunt deer in brown county state park before the reduction hunts. Marshmallow's and a ball peen hammer.

There was hog zillia where was eating some high calorie food from a farm close by. But all and all I would have the smoker fired up and pork but on the long smoke.

So how do we defined "wild"? Domestic pigs that get loose will turn feral in just a couple of weeks. Their hair will grow longer, they'll grow tusks, and they'll start acting like they were always wild. In my opinion, they're "wild" at that point, regardless of their origins.

That pig may have been born and raised on a farm, but by the time he was shot and turned into bacon and delicious, delicious tenderloins, he was wild.

Top Bottom