• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    So how do we defined "wild"? Domestic pigs that get loose will turn feral in just a couple of weeks. Their hair will grow longer, they'll grow tusks, and they'll start acting like they were always wild. In my opinion, they're "wild" at that point, regardless of their origins.

That pig may have been born and raised on a farm, but by the time he was shot and turned into bacon and delicious, delicious tenderloins, he was wild.

Wild or not, I would have shot the thing too. I wasn't condemning the man who shot it, just stating what I read.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wild or not, I would have shot the thing too. I wasn't condemning the man who shot it, just stating what I read.

Agreed!

Pigs can be really dangerous and they will eat people under the right circumstances.

And, they're delicious.

Which begs the question, do they think people are delicious when they eat them? Would a pig go hog wild over long pig bacon?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Agreed!

Pigs can be really dangerous and they will eat people under the right circumstances.

And, they're delicious.

Which begs the question, do they think people are delicious when they eat them? Would a pig go hog wild over long pig bacon?

They will also kill and eat each other under the right circumstances. Many of the largest wild hogs have obtained their size in part by supplementing their diets with a higher than normal amount of protein. As for being delicious in this particular case, not likely since it was a large old boar and even worse according to the article it was not weighed until the next day. The carcass likely wasn't gutted for 10+ hours in the middle of summer in Alabama. No thanks!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They will also kill and eat each other under the right circumstances. Many of the largest wild hogs have obtained their size in part by supplementing their diets with a higher than normal amount of protein. As for being delicious in this particular case, not likely since it was a large old boar and even worse according to the article it was not weighed until the next day. The carcass likely wasn't gutted for 10+ hours in the middle of summer in Alabama. No thanks!

In my daydream about the enormous slices of bacon, it was much better than that!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    In my daydream about the enormous slices of bacon, it was much better than that!

Sorry to ruin the daydream. My experience with a much younger/smaller boar is enough to keep me from thinking about the bacon on that monster even aside from the poor field care. I like bacon, just not enough to stomach boar bacon.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Sorry to ruin the daydream. My experience with a much younger/smaller boar is enough to keep me from thinking about the bacon on that monster even aside from the poor field care. I like bacon, just not enough to stomach boar bacon.
    Not cut,with a boar that big,you would not even be able to hide the urine smell even if you turned him into pepperoni.That is why I do not eat pepperoni.:runaway:

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I can't be impressed by someone shooting a domestic duroc in their front yard. This is very douchey.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Agreed!

And, they're delicious.

I wonder if they call us bacon? Or bakon with a "k" perhaps? :)

Top Bottom