• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Is everybody going to jump on Elizabeth Warren now since this guy was described as a satanist, leftist and Warren/Harris supporter? It must have been her rhetoric that drove him over the edge.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As usual, the issue isn't a binary. The problem isn't red flag laws, per se. Rather, the issue is red flag laws that do not ensure due process.

We're against red flag laws without iron clad due process protection for the accused. A kind of 'no fly list' for gun ownership where you can't refute the accusations nor appeal your presence on it is the nightmare, as would be it becoming just another tool for confiscation, just at a slower pace

As others mentioned, where were the parents? Were they not informed about why he was suspended from school? Did they think their little angel was just going through a phase and didn't mean it? Is it safe to make that assumption without some proof? Did the lack of resources available for evaluation and trteatment influence their decision? To me it has some of the hallmarks of Parkland because the school system and affiliated LE, if any, did nothing official - and once again existing laws were likely adequate but not allowed to function as designed ​and he was able to purchase the weapons legally

I absolutely agree about due process. But the "due process" that used to be in place prior to closing down the state run mental hospitals has effectively been neutered when it comes to truly evaluating someone that may be a danger to others or to themselves, even if it is determined that the threat is real (without some sort of medical/psychiatric intervention). As I said elsewhere, a 72 hour psych hold is about the best one can hope for, and then what? Say the doctors all agree that some guy is nuts and has a very good chance of carrying out his threats. What can be done about it? From what I've seen, not much, if anything until after he actually does carry out his threats, a bunch of people die, and we're back to square one wondering "Why didn't anyone see the red flags?" :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Also... in a time of doxxing, false rape claims, general tribal *******ry.... thinking "red flag laws" wouldn't be abused is insanity.

Yes, and there is the rub. However if the penalties for making these false claims were severe enough, perhaps the abuse could at least be reined in somewhat. Like I said, I don't have the answer. Only questions.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What began as an argument over gambling debts, turned deadly when Tutt seized a prize watch of Wild Bill’s as collateral. Warned against wearing the watch in public to humiliate Wild Bill, Tutt appeared on the square on July 21, prominently wearing the watch. The two men then unsuccessfully negotiated the debt and the watch’s return.

Hickok returned to the square at 6 p.m. to again find Tutt displaying his watch. Wild Bill gave Tutt his final warning. “Don’t you come around here with that watch.” Tutt answered by placing his hand on his pistol.

Standing about 75 yards apart and facing each other sideways in dueling positions, Tutt drew his gun first. Wild Bill steadied his aim across his opposite forearm. Both paused, then fired near simultaneously.

Tutt missed. Wild Will’s shot passed through Tutt’s chest. Reeling from the wound, Tutt staggered back to the nearest building before collapsing.

If Wild Bill can do it, so can you....although those revolvers had longer barrels.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yet the news continues to repeat that in the case of the Dayton shooter, there were MANY "red flags" (not to be confused with red flag laws) that were raised over the past few years. Just saw an interview with his ex-girlfriend and she pretty much said she knew he was bat**** crazy... but did nothing. Apparently everybody that knew the guy knew that he was going to do something eventually. I don't know why any of them are surprised that he acted on what he clearly said he was going to do.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OMG!! Now they're saying that bullet-proof backpacks may cause too much stress on children... So they want to protect the kids, but protecting the kids is too stressful on the kids. These people are just insane. Parents: How about you do your ****ing jobs and raise your kids so that they know the difference between right and wrong, instead of letting the internet raise them and rolling the dice? FFS...

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm changing the channel. Too much stupidity on the news these days.

Someone desperately needs to hold a mirror up outside news studios looking for who to blame. Maybe broadcasting 24/7 about mass shooters is giving them too much free publicity? Similar to how Trump was elected. That's what's truly wrong with our media, not a liberal skew which can be thwarted by changing the channel but the exploiting of tragedy for profit in higher viewership numbers.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Someone desperately needs to hold a mirror up outside news studios looking for who to blame. Maybe broadcasting 24/7 about mass shooters is giving them too much free publicity? Similar to how Trump was elected. That's what's truly wrong with our media, not a liberal skew which can be thwarted by changing the channel but the exploiting of tragedy for profit in higher viewership numbers.

I haven’t watched any type of broadcast news for probably 8 or 9 years. Just not worth it.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    I was just reading that the Dayton shooter retweeted for gun control a few hours before shooting and was a supporter of antifa.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom