• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Rumors, as far as payment options? Its on their site. Having a can is different w/ serial is different than being told what your serial is. I'm sure the ATF will get them their clearance but selling what they aren't legally allowed to sell product, is in my opinion, poor form.

I guess this has happened before with a low cost can manufacturer with people filing charges for mail fraud. $99 is nothing, that is my pain threshold but $200 to $400 is beyond that and when they start shipping .30 cal cans, I'll definitely give them a shot and pay my $200 for a stamp. Even though the douche who talked to me, didn't sour me on the company.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Just got a reply from Rebel Silencers:

WHAT I SAID:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to check in with you on the status of my Rebel .22 can. Just wondering when it will ship to my dealer? My form 4 has been submitted. I know the wait is about 6 months.

However, I wanted to check on your production status. There are some rumblings on my local gun forum that you guys are not yet approved by the ATF to sell suppressors??? Can you give me the low down? I am really hoping that you guys have all your ducks in a row and that I will be enjoying my rebel .22 can sometime in late 2016.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing back from you.

WHAT THEY SAID:

That we're not approved to sell suppressors? Lol yeah that's funny, we're only a fully licensed class III manufacturer. We're waiting on the atf to approve the form 3 and it's in the mail on the way to your dealer. Form 3's are moving slow across the board (not just us) but hopefully we start getting them back here shortly so we can start to ship inventory. Believe me we're more frustrated sitting on inventory waiting for the gubment to give us the form 3's back than anyone.

All ducks are in a row partner, no sweat.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just got a reply from Rebel Silencers:

WHAT I SAID:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to check in with you on the status of my Rebel .22 can. Just wondering when it will ship to my dealer? My form 4 has been submitted. I know the wait is about 6 months.

However, I wanted to check on your production status. There are some rumblings on my local gun forum that you guys are not yet approved by the ATF to sell suppressors??? Can you give me the low down? I am really hoping that you guys have all your ducks in a row and that I will be enjoying my rebel .22 can sometime in late 2016.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing back from you.

WHAT THEY SAID:

That we're not approved to sell suppressors? Lol yeah that's funny, we're only a fully licensed class III manufacturer. We're waiting on the atf to approve the form 3 and it's in the mail on the way to your dealer. Form 3's are moving slow across the board (not just us) but hopefully we start getting them back here shortly so we can start to ship inventory. Believe me we're more frustrated sitting on inventory waiting for the gubment to give us the form 3's back than anyone.

All ducks are in a row partner, no sweat.

Seems super professional :rolleyes:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I did an FFL search on Rebel Silencers (Value Cans LLC) and turned up this info:

License Number:5-74-XXX-XX-XX-08262
    Expiration Date:03/01/2019
    License Name:VALUE CANS LLC
    Trade Name:REBEL SILENCERS
    Premise Address:11505 REBEL CT
    EL PASO
    TX - 79936
    Mailing Address:3220 BELL POINT DR
    EL PASO
    TX - 79938
    LOA Issue Date:
    LOA Expiration Date:

Not sure if this means they are a licensed manufacturer, but at least it shows they have an FFL.

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Correct me if I'm wrong. The ability to sell suppressors is different than the ability to manufacturer SBR's and suppressors.

Again, their class is showing through in spades. Professionalism is not their strong suit.

From a quick search:

We should be clear about two basic things right off the bat. First, you absolutely cannot legally configure a firearm into an NFA-restricted format — technically you can’t even possess the necessary parts to assemble an NFA firearm, but more on “constructive possession” later — or create parts for a silencer/suppressor/firearm muffler prior to the approval of your Form 1.

You may not create any of the parts for the silencer you plan to build. Yes, you are required to provide length and other information in all of these cases prior to approval.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I am interested in knowing how this all works out. I would like a .22 suppressor but I am going to wait a bit for the back log to clear. I'm already waiting for a couple of stamps.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Correct me if I'm wrong. The ability to sell suppressors is different than the ability to manufacturer SBR's and suppressors.

Again, their class is showing through in spades. Professionalism is not their strong suit.

From a quick search:

We should be clear about two basic things right off the bat. First, you absolutely cannot legally configure a firearm into an NFA-restricted format — technically you can’t even possess the necessary parts to assemble an NFA firearm, but more on “constructive possession” later — or create parts for a silencer/suppressor/firearm muffler prior to the approval of your Form 1.

You may not create any of the parts for the silencer you plan to build. Yes, you are required to provide length and other information in all of these cases prior to approval.

Its different for a manufacturer. We are required to give notice on a form 2 (not form 1) and have until the close of business on the following day to notify ATF. So I can make 10,000 suppressors and they can set at my place of business unregistered over night. As long as by the close of business on the following day I have notified ATF on a single Form 2.

Now the email above says they are waiting on form 3's to be approved but the OP said his gunshop has the serial number and already did his form 4 and it's pending. It happens, but ATF frowns on crossing forms. If the manufacturer screwed up the form 2 for some reason then it's conceivable the form 3 could be worked before the form 2 which causes wasted "gubment" time.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    They do this all the time. I bought a can from Silencer Shop mid April, the Form 3 was approved this week, the Form 4 was already filed in mid June.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Gonna have to see a corporate cultural change before I consider buying anything from these guys. Their spokesman isn't doing them any favors. If they botch that fundamental thing this badly, I have serious concerns about other, more challenging aspects of their products (and their product development and manufacturing processes).

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Does anybody remember the SilentRX $99 debacle?

Yep, I got ripped off in that mess. Sent them a Postal Money Order. After they stopped communicationg and disappeared from the web, I filed fraud charges with the Post Office. Nothing ever came from it. I was out my $99 plus shipping. They were out of Huntertown, IN. The owners were Rob and Lori Elgie. Ripped a lot of people off and were successful in avoiding prosecution. It is estimated that they made off with $10,000.

Thread on the subject. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...as-anybody-tried-silentrx-$99-suppressor.html

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94404

https://twitter.com/silentrx

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-30163.html

Just found their respective book of faces pages. They now live in Gulfport, Mississippi. No mention of their silencer company in either page.

Last edited:

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just got an Email from these guys again saying that the 5.56 is available. Thought I would shoot over and speak with the customer service again. This time around, Joe was much more pleasant and informational. They said they've been shipping out stuff like crazy. Also mentioned that they have been spending a lot of time in the shop to get stuff made. They are finished with the .308 cans and can ship once the ATF transfer to FFL paperwork is done.

I'm VERY tempted to pop on a .308. They have 2 Indiana dealers right now. Will still take 2 mo. to transfer to FFL and then I have to go through my own wait. They are now accepting credit card orders too. So, there is protection through there.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just got an Email from these guys again saying that the 5.56 is available. Thought I would shoot over and speak with the customer service again. This time around, Joe was much more pleasant and informational. They said they've been shipping out stuff like crazy. Also mentioned that they have been spending a lot of time in the shop to get stuff made. They are finished with the .308 cans and can ship once the ATF transfer to FFL paperwork is done.

I'm VERY tempted to pop on a .308. They have 2 Indiana dealers right now. Will still take 2 mo. to transfer to FFL and then I have to go through my own wait. They are now accepting credit card orders too. So, there is protection through there.

Good to know, but I'm surprised you'd buy again with how seemingly upset you were with them. I am interested to see how you guys like your cans though, I was telling the owner of my LGS about them recently.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Good to know, but I'm surprised you'd buy again with how seemingly upset you were with them. I am interested to see how you guys like your cans though, I was telling the owner of my LGS about them recently.

Yes, please keep us posted.

Top Bottom