• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I had to travel to southern Michigan Tuesday the 21st and on the way back stopped by the Ft. Wayne Rural King store. They had 9mm Remington 115 FMJ (3 boxes left) at $11.99 a box and some red box .380 FMJ for $13.99 a box, I got four boxes of that, so not bad prices, I didn't need it, but got it anyway, I will always shoot it someday, so (IMHO) you see it, you get it.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    When does the "ten people hanging around the Walmart sporting goods counter on Tuesday morning at 9am so they can swipe ammo and flip it on armslist" start? We know it's not that bad until this happens.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When does the "ten people hanging around the Walmart sporting goods counter on Tuesday morning at 9am so they can swipe ammo and flip it on armslist" start? We know it's not that bad until this happens.

I know this is purple, but since I understand WM stopped selling all handgun ammo, I think those 10 guys may be waiting for a while there.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    This is why I reload my own ammo. That way when shtf IÂ’m not scrambling to buy

Right you are sir, very very right. Just bought a Lee Classic Turret press as a compliment to my LnL AP press just to reload 9mm. Was available OTC and at a very good price no less. It is very comforting I likely will never have to worry again about having ammo for what ever my needs may be. So hard has ammo been to come by OTC by me two of my coworkers who know I reload have been asking me to recommend reloading equipment as they wish to begin reloading so they can have some ammo. I have been helping them any way I can, over the last year or so they also bought their first rifles, shotguns and HG's on my recommendations and have been VERY happy so far.
    Made a point to stock up in reloading components and mags and I even more glad about the mags than the primers. About a 16-17 months ago came across a killer killer deal on Sig 17 round factory mags and and S&W 8 round factory Shield mags and bought what I thought at the time was a wastefully excessive amount of them. Thankful beyond measure now that I did.
    About the same time came across a great deal on bulk 5k 62 grain BT .224 FMJ bullets and again felt I had bought so many I wasted money and might never reload them all. Again are now happy beyond measure.

Just scrambling to get components lol.
    If anyone who is much over 40 is currently scrambling to get reloading components that's on them. I admit I didn't have quite enough SM/RFL/MG primers suitable for AR-15/223 reloads to qualify for a lifetime supply, but I did recently get lucky and score enough to get me set pretty good for 5-7 years of shooting at the very least. Found a butt load of CCI 450's at Cabela's and one other LGS had Federal AR-15 Match primers in stock and sold me quite a few only because I have been buying substantial amounts of reloading components from them for over 17 years. As food for thought I just cracked open a new 8lb jug of W231 I bought there had to be quite some time ago that the price tag read $110.
    As far as all components for all my HG's and other rifles I'm in good shape.
    Been saving all my brass since forever, but especially my 9mm HG brass and now have so much I count it by weight.

Last edited:

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Curious what others think - I went to Cabela's on Friday.

I arrived just as they were setting out their newly arrived 9mm ammo. They had 30 boxes total, with a 5 box maximum.

In times like these, I am reluctant to hit the range with my stash (though, i imagine what I refer to as a stash would draw a chuckle from most folks here)

I decided to get 3 boxes - enough to get to the range for a good session, but not enough to set any additional aside. I was tempted to max out the limit, get 5 boxes and set 2 back, but I figured I would leave some for others.

Now, I wonder if I did the right thing, or if I likely just fed a flipper.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've been practicing with 22lr ammo. I use my Taurus TX22 for my handgun drills, and my 10/22 for rifle practicing. I know it sure helps you concentrate on the trigger pull since the recoil is much less. I think I'm actually starting to improve on my trigger pull for both types of firearms..

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    This is why I reload my own ammo. That way when shtf IÂ’m not scrambling to buy

Right you are sir, very very right. Just bought a Lee Classic Turret press as a compliment to my LnL AP press just to reload 9mm. Was available OTC and at a very good price no less. It is very comforting I likely will never have to worry again about having ammo for what ever my needs may be. So hard has ammo been to come by OTC by me two of my coworkers who know I reload have been asking me to recommend reloading equipment as they wish to begin reloading so they can have some ammo. I have been helping them any way I can, over the last year or so they also bought their first rifles, shotguns and HG's on my recommendations and have been VERY happy so far.
    Made a point to stock up in reloading components and mags and I even more glad about the mags than the primers. About a 16-17 months ago came across a killer killer deal on Sig 17 round factory mags and and S&W 8 round factory Shield mags and bought what I thought at the time was a wastefully excessive amount of them. Thankful beyond measure now that I did.
    About the same time came across a great deal on bulk 5k 62 grain BT .224 FMJ bullets and again felt I had bought so many I wasted money and might never reload them all. Again are now happy beyond measure.

Just scrambling to get components lol.
    If anyone who is much over 40 is currently scrambling to get reloading components that's on them. I admit I didn't have quite enough SM/RFL/MG primers suitable for AR-15/223 reloads to qualify for a lifetime supply, but I did recently get lucky and score enough to get me set pretty good for 5-7 years of shooting at the very least. Found a butt load of CCI 450's at Cabela's and one other LGS had Federal AR-15 Match primers in stock and sold me quite a few only because I have been buying substantial amounts of reloading components from them for over 17 years. As food for thought I just cracked open a new 8lb jug of W231 I bought there had to be quite some time ago that the price tag read $110.
    As far as all components for all my HG's and other rifles I'm in good shape.
    Been saving all my brass since forever, but especially my 9mm HG brass and now have so much I count it by weight.

30 years ago I bought a few 30 cal 147 gn #1 pulls from a demil company. A few years back during the last bullet shortage I sold 5 thousand to Profire so he could load some Blackout I believe. I now have sad's that my sons will run short over the years, with only having about 595 thousand left....

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    "I decided to get 3 boxes - enough to get to the range for a good session, but not enough to set any additional aside. I was tempted to max out the limit, get 5 boxes and set 2 back, but I figured I would leave some for others."

"Now, I wonder if I did the right thing, or if I likely just fed a flipper."

You did the right thing, maybe not the most prudent but it was the right thing to do. Right now and for at least the next year if you live near a liberal crap hole hot spot, I seriously don't think you can have to much ammo or mags for that matter unless your stocks of ammo number in the thousands, and several dozen mags for each gun.

Can you realistically have 'enough ammo" probably not, no. But mobs are a group of essentially cowards that get all their courage which is false courage from the numbers of the mob itself and not individual courage and once those numbers confront a determined threat capable of putting up a formidable defense and the mob now faces a determined foe who makes them feel they are no longer free from suffering potentially the most severe of consequences their resolve quickly breaks and their false courage leaves them and they tend to scatter like the cockroaches they are.​

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I've been practicing with 22lr ammo. I use my Taurus TX22 for my handgun drills, and my 10/22 for rifle practicing. I know it sure helps you concentrate on the trigger pull since the recoil is much less. I think I'm actually starting to improve on my trigger pull for both types of firearms..

My TX22 is gonna take a beating this over the next 12 months. As long as I can keep it fed.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Fishers WM had plenty of 16 ga skeet and dust shot boxes, yesterday, same in 12 ga, no 2/4/00 shells though , just plenty of 6/7/8, and I want to go for the win, not just dust the target off.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That would be the small boxes correct? Dang that is pricey.

No, 50 round box.

hst.jpg

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Target Sports has zero, zip , none 9mm today.
    I now believe we're in deep ****.

I use them quite a bit (have the free shipping membership thing) and their stock has really dwindled lately. I did see a week or so ago that they were closed for a couple of days because of a hurricane that knocked out their power, so perhaps they've also had trouble getting shipments in. I've actually switched to shooting my AK and my 10mm because the ammo is far cheaper and easier to find than 9mm.

Top Bottom