• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Checked Ammoseek.com just now.

9mm is more expensive than 40 S&W and 45 ACP.

Cheapest 9mm = 42 cents/round
    Cheapest 40 = 34 cents/round
    Cheapest 45 = 36 cents/round

And 5.56 costs DOUBLE what 7.62x39 costs. 25 cents vs 50 cents a round.

Glad I added a couple of AKs to the safe a while back.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Local shop in flat rock is 15 bucks per fifty. Quite a few different brands and box sizes. Up to 250 rds I believe. Saw On their fb page today. I’m stocked up so didn’t go get any today

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Got 4 boxes of Geco 115 gr FMJ at Rural King for $13.99 per box today in Terre Haute. Doubt it will last long. They have a sign that the clerk put up of 2 box max after he sold me 4 boxes.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Crazy how it’s 9mm this go around that is getting crazy in prices and hard to find when last ammo panic buying it was .22lr......guess everyone got stocked up on 22’s but forgot to build up any of the other calibers.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Guess Ruger must have sold ALOT of PC9s?

Crazy how it’s 9mm this go around that is getting crazy in prices and hard to find when last ammo panic buying it was .22lr......guess everyone got stocked up on 22’s but forgot to build up any of the other calibers.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012

It is not just 9mm. Other common pistol calibers are hard to find along with .223/5.56 Still some 22lr around but the shelves are emptying out of it also.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Picked up 400 rounds of 9mm frangible for $140 + shipping from pine valley munitions. Will see how it shoots, should be fine for range use.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    ammo.jpg

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/gun-sales-cause-ammo-fly-off-shelves

Current price on Ammoseek is around 50 cents a round and up for 9mm.

SG Ammo, my usual source, has zero 9mm in stock right now.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    PANIC!!! :runaway::runaway: That's all I got...

I just bought a large amount of 9mm for 35-37 cents a round, which is too expensive.

But not nearly as expensive as it's gonna be in late October. It's already up to 50 cents a round online.

I'll decide whether to keep it or take profits depending on whether cities are burning or not.
    I could sell it right now and profit. But it's not part of my regular stock. I call it my speculative ammo.

During the last shortage, it was a looong time before 22LR, 9mm and 5.56 started showing up again in good quantities at reasonable prices.

If Trump wins, there is a real potential for vastly increased violence.
    If Trump loses and Republicans lose the Senate and the House, kiss your gun rights goodbye.

Call it a panic if you want. A reasonable person should come to the conclusion that it is prudent to have sufficient arms and ammunition on hand for whatever may happen in these turbulent times.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just bought a large amount of 9mm for 35-37 cents a round, which is too expensive.

But not nearly as expensive as it's gonna be in late October. It's already up to 50 cents a round online.

I'll decide whether to keep it or take profits depending on whether cities are burning or not.
    I could sell it right now and profit. But it's not part of my regular stock. I call it my speculative ammo.

During the last shortage, it was a looong time before 22LR, 9mm and 5.56 started showing up again in good quantities at reasonable prices.

If Trump loses and Republicans lose the Senate and the House, kiss your gun rights goodbye.

Call it a panic if you want. A reasonable person should come to the conclusion that it is prudent to have sufficient arms and ammunition on hand for whatever may happen in these turbulent times.

I do remember how long it was before .22 LR was on the shelf. Hopefully won't be the same with 9mm. 13 March (a Friday, of course...) the 1500 was cancelled. I'd planned on picking up 1,000 rounds that day. Time for Plan C.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

Well said. I'll add that violence is likely to happened regardless who wins in November due to the Not Guilty verdicts we will see coming out of Minneapolis and Atlanta within the next 12 months or so.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Luckily I stocked deep all last year, except for 12 gauge.

But thanks to keeping an eye on SGammo daily, I've been able to get 250 rounds of 00, 250 rounds of #4buck, and 250 rounds of slugs.

I think all those 40 to 9 conversion barrels will start showing up for sale soon. Remember folks, always keep your caliber options diverse.
    40 is almost always in ready supply, every single time there's a crisis.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would like to have more hunting shotgun rounds. I didnt really think about even that stuff being bought up.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I would like to have more hunting shotgun rounds. I didnt really think about even that stuff being bought up.

Yea, surprised me too. Seems no area is left untouched. Consider this note from ammoseek.com

Since March 12th, online ammunition retailers have been experiencing demand like never before in the history of the gun industry. Nope, not even the panic buying due to the concern over a potential gun ban during the Obama presidency has seen demand like we are seeing. It isn't an understatement to use the word 'insane' to describe it.

We all need to take a step back and realize most retailers are doing the very best they can to fulfill the influx of orders. It requires patience and understanding.

We live in the age of Amazon.com. We have been conditioned to expect online purchases to reach us within days, not weeks, or months. It wasn't too long ago when ordering via mail nearly always took 6-8 weeks to be delivered. Online ammunition retailers were not prepared to meet the demand caused by the COVID19 (coronovirus) outbreak. Because of this, we need to adjust our expectations.

If you order ammunition online (particularly the most popular calibers) as of this writing (April 3rd, 2020), you should prepare yourself for the following:

• A product page that shows an item as in-stock may not actually mean it will be in-stock once your order is processed.
    • Your order may be cancelled and money refunded.
    • Your order may be backordered/delayed.
    • Your order may take longer to be delivered to you.
    • You will likely pay a higher price for the same product you could have purchased cheaper just 2 months ago.

Obviously, there will be exceptions to the above. Consider yourself lucky if you order ammunition and your entire order reaches you within a week's time.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just secured 2,000 Hi Tek coated hard cast 147gr RN .356 bullets from Summit City. I can load them up with current cost at around $334 per 2,000 rds, and have them ready and stored much cheaper than buying factory ammo. Works out to around $16.70 per 100rds.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Have you ever looked at Hoosier bullets. Hitek coated. I always get the 125gr $58 per thousand

I just secured 2,000 Hi Tek coated hard cast 147gr RN .356 bullets from Summit City. I can load them up with current cost at around $334 per 2,000 rds, and have them ready and stored much cheaper than buying factory ammo. Works out to around $16.70 per 100rds.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Have you ever looked at Hoosier bullets. Hitek coated. I always get the 125gr $58 per thousand

Yes I bought 15lb of 230gr CLRN .452 and 15lb of the 124gr CLRN. 356 off him in the last month or so. He's out of everything now or was when I placed my order with summit city.

That cost includes powder, primer, and bullet. The $334 for 2,000rd

Top Bottom