• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was in Point Blank in Greenwood today & they had an entire pallet of 9mm ammo in 50 round boxes for $17 (.34 cents each round).
    9mm Luger ammo by PMC Bronze.
    It was nearly gone when I went by at 1 pm.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Have not seen 9mm ammo for sale for a while now with the exception of a store in Muncie selling 9mm reloads at $20 a box , yeah reloads and they sold 4 boxes just in the time I was in there! Luckily for myself I have some 9mm bullets for reloading. Shot a few rounds of 9mm through the G34 last weekend with a new load and it shot well for me. Was the first 9mm range session in a while.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Have not seen 9mm ammo for sale for a while now with the exception of a store in Muncie selling 9mm reloads at $20 a box , yeah reloads and they sold 4 boxes just in the time I was in there!
    Luckily for myself I have some 9mm bullets for reloading.
    Shot a few rounds of 9mm through the G34 last weekend with a new load and it shot well for me.
    Was the first 9mm range session in a while.

Rural King didn't have any 9mm last Tuesday when I was there b/c a friend said they had a Savage .22 rifle for sale.
    I was surprised when I saw the pallet there & wondered how long it sat there (hours/day?).

At Rural King I did pickup 4 boxes (limit) of 500 rounds of .22LR for less than 5 cents per round ($21/500 rds).
    It was a "lesser" brand I wouldn't normally purchase, but I can't choose to be finicky now.
    I won't even shoot it unless I get desperate, unless I run it through the revolvers just for fun to keep the better ammo for the rifles.

jmach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Columbus
    Earlier this week, saw a couple cases of 9mm PMC fmj for $549, at an un-named Seymour gun shop. I understand supply and demand theory, but...:(

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    There was a vendor at the Indiana Gun Show selling 9mm reloads in ziplock bags for $1/round.

Has it really gotten that crazy?
    There’s an old saying my Dad told me years ago: Do not buy or borrow somebody’s reloads as you never know what you are getting. Danger, danger, danger!

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I was able to get four boxes of 124 gr Winchester White Box at the Clarksville Bass Pro shop for $12.99 a box Wednesday morning. I got there around 10:00 while they were putting out the new delivery of ammo. The Winchester was gone before I left the store, but they did have some Herters left at the time. I don't know how long that lasted.

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    Not having purchased ammo for almost a year, I was wondering what current pricing was at local stores? Around here it seems to be going for around $18.00 for a box of 50 brass FMJ. Kind of glad I elected to stack it deep when it was plentiful and at good prices.

Thanks
    Count yourself lucky. Some people aren’t even finding ammo at all. If they do, it’s been price gouged.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You didn't fix it, you just subjected it to reality...................and reality sucks right now.
    I'm down to one round and considering getting into reloading. 

Yeah. I sorta wish I had invested in/learned about reloading. Although from what I've heard from others, if one doesn't have a healthy supply of component laid aside, the situation is not much different.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Count yourself lucky. Some people aren’t even finding ammo at all. If they do, it’s been price gouged.

Not really sure about lucky? But my usual mo was to buy a few boxes here and there, you know kind of buy it though you really do not have to have it at the moment. Man I took a lot grief for buying Perfecta at $5.00 a box of 50, and $15.00 for a box of 100 Remington Green and white box JHP for both 9 mm and 45 acp when Walmart was clearing it out.

Had to Go to Franklin Friday for work and I stopped in at A Gun shop any ammo they had Was a minimum of $1.00 a round for Fmj. Crazy part was people were buying it and thinking wow it’s great to get ammo.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    The places I've seen it in stock have been between $.35 - $.50 per round for 115gr FMJ. Approx 2x+ what it was going for at the beginning of the year.

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Almost bought a Glock 43 today but walked away for the time being because all I currently have is .40 ammo and they were sold of 9mm... shocker.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Yeah. I sorta wish I had invested in/learned about reloading. Although from what I've heard from others, if one doesn't have a healthy supply of component laid aside, the situation is not much different.
    When the ammo supply chain gets stressed, the manufacturers are USING all their components and they just become unavailable

Top Bottom