• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    for me, it's about having fun, and having a day away from "adult responsibilities" ie: yard work, cleaning, laundry ect, ect.

ive been shooting USPSA since '96, an open C shooter, and that hasnt changed, neither has my gun or gear.
    just "discovered" steel challenge and the various outlaw steel matches this year, and really enjoy shooting steel. bought a couple new rimfire guns this year. as usual, i'm a C shooter in RFPO, and probably always will be. i think i finally have my RFRO dialed in with the ammo it likes, hopefully, i'll take it to a SCSA match before the snow flies.
    shooting sports have drastically changed over the past few years. "back in the day" limited 10 was a new division.
    ive never been much of a rifle shooter, but ive been having fun shooting RFRO, and was thinking i could add some variety by adding a PCC.
    as an added bonus, i think a PCC would be a good house gun.
    i have a couple pistols and a shotgun scattered around the house, but the wife has issues racking the slide on a G27, and hasnt shot a 1911 enough to be comfortable with it,
    and a 12g is a 12g....

:cheers:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    PCCI is a lot of fun. I have not shot any of the rimfire categories, but they look like a lot of fun or a lot of headaches depending on whether or not the equipment decides to be reliable. I'm also a C class in pcc in uspsa, I struggled a bit with a few stages at the qualifier, typical messed up shot count, didn't practice off hand, and still fighting muzzle rise on the doubletap. Hope the brake and the ergo of the ar9 helps get that time down a bit.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I am looking for a good 9mm carbine to use for multiple things. USPSA, home defense, and a simi auto for a friends sub gun match.
    Anyone have a recommendation for one that works well and is reliable?
    Thanks
    100X
    Remington 870 or 1911. Rifles are for offense.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Remington 870 or 1911. Rifles are for offense.

So much wrong with this.

dontfeed :laugh: Seriously though. I have made this comment before, I think it may have made it into a quote somewhere. Someday when the zombies arrive, and they will, you will find my half eaten corpse laying next to an empty 870P and my 1911. Until that day though I will enjoy other ventures. 9mm PCC is one of those. The AR9s are just to much fun to bang steel plates.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    dontfeed :laugh: Seriously though. I have made this comment before, I think it may have made it into a quote somewhere. Someday when the zombies arrive, and they will, you will find my half eaten corpse laying next to an empty 870P and my 1911. Until that day though I will enjoy other ventures. 9mm PCC is one of those. The AR9s are just to much fun to bang steel plates.
    If you are nearly as old as I, the zombies will find you too tough to eat and having lost so many brain cells, there isn't enough there for an hors d’oeuvre!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I shot the Ruger PCC 9mm. guy had a 1-4x24 illuminated (etched glass too) scope on it. Shot it at 50 yards was holding 6" pattern standing fast firing with a 32 rd Glock mag. I was impressed with it. I think I might have to get me one. They are actually cheaper to shoot than a 22 magnum and has more power too.

Alan-Richards

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Lafayette
    I enjoy my 10.5inch PSA 9mm AR pistol, although I feel something like 6-8inches would be better for home defense. I do enjoy the 10.5 inch ergonomics with an angled fore grip though.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I'm a big fan of the Cx4. It's very short overall length makes it very fast and pretty good for in-house work. The end of the barrel of my Cx4 is closer to my body than a handgun barrel at full aim.

Alan-Richards

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Lafayette
    That 10.5 inch AR 9mm pistol by PSA is and has been tops on my wish list.

My only gripe with the gun is the blade brace is awful and leaves bruises since it takes all the recoil and puts it on a small, hard surface that hits tour shoulder hard. That and the bolt carrier group has this pin thing(not the firing pin retainer) that comes lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Depends on your threshold for pain. I have a Kriss Vector and a Hipoint. They're separated by about $1000.

The Kriss Vector is big and cumbersome. And way to much money.
    Also very poor customer service.

The High point is a very good carbine for the money.
    it is very light weight. Mine is a single stack mag.
    I think they are now double stack.

The J.R. Carbine is very light and compact.
    Good dollar value.
    uses Glock double stack mags.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I shot the Ruger PCC 9mm. guy had a 1-4x24 illuminated (etched glass too) scope on it. Shot it at 50 yards was holding 6" pattern standing fast firing with a 32 rd Glock mag. I was impressed with it. I think I might have to get me one. They are actually cheaper to shoot than a 22 magnum and has more power too.
    I'm not a big Ruger fan, but I shot a buddy's Ruger PCC a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. I still like my FX-9, but if I wanted a carbine that wasn't an AR platform, the Ruger would be a definite candidate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My only gripe with the gun is the blade brace is awful and leaves bruises since it takes all the recoil and puts it on a small, hard surface that hits tour shoulder hard. That and the bolt carrier group has this pin thing(not the firing pin retainer) that comes lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same gripe on the former, not so much on the latter. More than a mag or two and I leave the range with a small bruise.

PSA 8" pistol owner here. When I get some extra funds I'm going to switch from the blade to an SB Tactical brace to get a bit more surface area.

Top Bottom