• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alan-Richards

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Lafayette
    I have the same gripe on the former, not so much on the latter. More than a mag or two and I leave the range with a small bruise.

PSA 8" pistol owner here. When I get some extra funds I'm going to switch from the blade to an SB Tactical brace to get a bit more surface area.
    How do you like the 8inch barrel? I’ve considered getting a shorter upper, but a better brace and a good flashlight are first on the list.

leftyM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Oregon City
    I know this may not be practicle due to price but I would say a HK94 or reliable clone of and have it SBRed and install a surefire 628 and there you go. Total awesomeness. But there are cheaper options.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a Just Right 9mm Carbine, awesome pistol caliber carbine, comes in 9mm, .40S&W, .357SIG, .45ACP and 10mm.

Very reliable and configurable with the feel of a AR.

https://justrightcarbines.com/

Here's mine below, not shown is my holo red dot on it, or my 3x9 scope.

attachment.php

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    if the op is still following this thread (from a year ago), if you still plan on shooting uspsa with it, ignore everyone who said "ar pistol", you cant use it (at least not in scsa, and since scsa is under the uspsa banner, i'd assume they'd be against the rules in both)

if it were me, i'd look at the freedom ordnance fx9, it takes glock mags, its relliable as hell, shoots great, made in indiana by people who know what they're doing and stand behind their product!, they have a new product coming out, that'll be revolutionary to the ar15 handgun platform! (but, i cant say anymore, AND it'll be pistol only no plans on making a rifle), i ran my fx9 at the state steel match in the morning, and my friend shot it in the afternoon session, the only problem was operator error (on 1 stage i forgot to drop the bolt) i shot 98th place, and my friend got 24th (it was my first match), I did swap the trigger out for a rise armament drop in trigger, I changed out the stock for a magpul, and a tango down ar grip, I cant say enough about the fx9, they make a hell of a good rifle!, did I mention they make it in Indiana? ALL of it in Indiana! (except the factory installed stock and grip), they make the barrel, the upper and lower receiver, the free floating mlock handguard, I know a guy who works there, they run 2 shifts a day, 12 hour shifts Monday thru Friday, and they cant keep up with demand!

as for the ruger pc9, I own one, but haven't shot it yet, theres a guy who shoots steel challenge with one at our matches, he shoots his pretty good!, BUT he's changed the forearm to a taccom carbon fiber, he made his own compensator and rear sight base and installed a tandem kross trigger, the reason he made his own sight base is because a lot of people say poi changes when you remove/reinstall the barrel, and the rear sight is on the barrel, whereas a sight is on the receiver, the pc9 is heavier than an ar9. since ruger announced their new pc9 with a chassis that comes with a free float handguard and that takes ar15 grips and stocks, (its 150 bucks more than the original pc9) i'm somewhat tempted to call ruger and see if they'll sell the chassis separately, because if they sell the parts (handguard and chassis) for even 200, that's a hell of a lot cheaper than other companys are selling the stripped chassis for (the copper customs is 295 dollars with out a grip, and you still have to buy the sig sauer mpx stock so add another 190.00!)

Top Bottom