9mm SBR with integrated suppressor. HELP!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The rail on mine was made by POF. With the sights and raised rail on the receiver it kind of resembles the H&K. You won't hurt my feelings putting one together like it, there are very few unique AR rifles out there. ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't feel so bad about lusting after your AR Phylo, since you are giving permission out to copy it...;)

Is that Polished or Duracoated by the way?! :dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I have decided to go with a 7.5" barrel with a 7" rail. I like being able to have the ability to shoot without always having a suppressor on it. incase i ever have to have the suppressor replaced or send back for maintenance etc. I looked long term and dont wanna be without the practical use of my SBR for that time.

Id really like to have a spikes, or an ARMS 7" rail.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have decided to go with a 7.5" barrel with a 7" rail. I like being able to have the ability to shoot without always having a suppressor on it. incase i ever have to have the suppressor replaced or send back for maintenance etc. I looked long term and dont wanna be without the practical use of my SBR for that time.

Id really like to have a spikes, or an ARMS 7" rail.
    Don't forget about the possibility of having a fake suppressor you can screw on if you need to send the suppressor off etc. That is how my AR22 is set up. The handguards are longer than the barrel and I just have a fake suppressor I can screw on it. Fake suppressors are cheap ($20-40 normally).

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    The yhm diamound rails are really big inside. its what im useing in my build on a lone wolf lower for glock mags. im going 5in and a new isis by thomson machine. spikes does have the fake cans and so does lone wolf.

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    If your starting from scratch and are building a dedicated 9mm AR SBR, I recommend the following.

1) Use a dedicated 9mm AR lower, CMMG makes one. Or, use a "regular" AR lower and use a Hahn mag-block.

2) Barrel length can be any lenght you desire, but I suggest no shorter than 5".

3) Decide how you want the suppressor to attach to the barrel, ie: thread on--H&K 3-lug type--"other". (This will come into play when choosing your suppressor.)

4) Are you wanting a suppressor that can be used on other hosts, like on your pistol? (Again, this will help determine what suppressor to buy.)

5) Use the heaviest buffer and spring weight you can find. (I use a custom job made by a guy on Ohio. It is stainless steel, weighs a little more than 9oz and is also a little longer than a regular buffer to limit bolt travel.

6) Buy a "ramped" bolt, or have a regular bolt ramped. This mimics the ramp on a 5.56 bolt and reduces FCG wear.

7) Use a rounded hammer, DO NOT use a notched hammer.

8) If your wanting the "SD" look, meaning the suppressor is encompassed by the forearm, do your research. Some of the popular forearms don't have an inside diameter big enough to "swallow" some suppressors due to their given outside diameter.

Other than the above, everything else is basic AR 101.

Old pic of my 9mm AR SBR. It doesn't look like this anymore. (Different optic and buttstock.)
    337329mmnew_006.jpg

Barrel length is 5" and the suppressor is a SWR trident 9. (Correction: My barrel is a 5.5" TROS 3-lug.)

It is due for a rebuild.

What is the price tag of a similar 9mm like yours, including taxes/registration fees?
    How much less would it be with no silencer or shot barrel?

Top Bottom