• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If you could have any pistol caliber SBR, what would it be? I'm debating a 9mm SBR that uses Glock magazines and can't figure out what I want. I'm thinking making a KRISS Vector, but it's so pricey. Let's hear your choices INGO.

IF I could have any ONE, it would be an MP5A2. However, if I had to choose one in my budget, it would be the Vector.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Colt AR pattern 9mm. Building one right now. 8" CMMG upper and lower, Form 1 has been filed. Right now it's in either a pistol form or I use a Hahn mag block and run it on one of my SBR lowers.

Mags and parts are cheaper than others. I will end up with just right at $1000 total in it with the tax stamp.

I like the MPX, but not at that price and for what they are asking for one mag, you can buy four 32 round mags for a 9mm AR.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    My .2 cents is a AR platform there are plenty of parts to be had and modified. I love the MPX but the mags and if you need a spare part forget about finding one. Im building one now on a Quarter Circle 10 lower with Glock mags in 9mm waiting on the stamp. With all the filings im sure I wont get my stamp back till next year.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I built one years ago, shot it a few times then it sat in the safe for a couple of years until I sold it. Not sure why but I never really enjoyed it like I thought I would.

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You can get a HK clone cheaper than you can buy a Kriss. Find a Coharie FS94, (fake suppressor), do your form 1, and remove the fake can.
    You can get a clone for around $1500, and they go up from there. There are several brands available. MP5 mags start at about $30 for new clone stuff, about $75 for German.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    You can get a HK clone cheaper than you can buy a Kriss. Find a Coharie FS94, (fake suppressor), do your form 1, and remove the fake can.
    You can get a clone for around $1500, and they go up from there. There are several brands available. MP5 mags start at about $30 for new clone stuff, about $75 for German.

this^^^^

I was looking into one, the MP5 clones, I also was looking at a Vector as well. I ended up going with the CZ Scorpion Evo S1. When they come back in stock you should be able to snag one for around $800-$850 sometimes less. 30 round mags are only $20 and are regularly found in stock.

I had a 9mm AR and never really took to it, but I really enjoy the CZ.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I have an AR SBR and really enjoy it. I've always wanted to try an MP5 clone though. To me most of the rest are just too expensive for what they are. Hopefully someday Glock makes one.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Building an AR is probably the most affordable way to go, but it is my least favorite. Just didn't care for it, and generally, you have to get good mags to make them run right. The cheap mags can be a pain in the butt.
    For an AR style, the MPX is the way to go. Much smaller with the elimination of the recoil spring and tube. The mags are expensive, but, they are still cheaper than Colt mags.

Sub gun mags are just expensive, it is what it is.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    For an AR style, the MPX is the way to go. Much smaller with the elimination of the recoil spring and tube. The mags are expensive, but, they are still cheaper than Colt mags.

MPX mags are ~$60.00. The "best" Colt-pattern SMG mags (Colt/Metalform, Spikes, etc) are about $40.00. The current generation of ASC mags, which Colt now uses as OEM, seem to be pretty solid and can be had for less than $25.00.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Which mag block are you using or is it a dedicated lower?

Both. When I have the upper on one of my SBR lowers, I'm using the Hahn drop in block. It's the top loading block. When it's a pistol, a CMMG lower.

When on a SBR lower, no bolt hold because of not having the different bolt release. On the pistol lower, it locks back.

No issues with either, suppressed or unsuppressed.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    MPX mags are ~$60.00. The "best" Colt-pattern SMG mags (Colt/Metalform, Spikes, etc) are about $40.00. The current generation of ASC mags, which Colt now uses as OEM, seem to be pretty solid and can be had for less than $25.00.

You can get the ASC mags at Bullpup Armory for $16.99 a piece. Buy 3 or more and it's free shipping.

Top Bottom