• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I like that. It's a shame you did not enjoy it.

I enjoy putting them together a lot more than I actually enjoy shooting them. The only aspect of shooting that I really enjoy much anymore is long range and even that is waning a bit. Shooting coyotes is the only thing I really look forward to.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    to go the shortest possible in the AR world you gotta go with an MVB, Troy or NEA stock as of now. You can also get mag locks that do have last round bolt hold open made by Hahn. Between a stock and a block above you could be at $500 already though. So going AR isnt always cheap

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    to go the shortest possible in the AR world you gotta go with an MVB, Troy or NEA stock as of now. You can also get mag locks that do have last round bolt hold open made by Hahn. Between a stock and a block above you could be at $500 already though. So going AR isnt always cheap
    The pistol caliber stuff is currently an addiction for me. It may be cheaper to shoot, but, the guns are pricey, and so are the mags. It all adds up.

There is an Uzi SBR in the classifieds for $850 OP. That's about as inexpensive as you can get for a pistol caliber SBR. I think Uzi mags are fairly plentiful and cheaper than most too.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sig MPX. Plan on sending off the form 1 for mine next month, maybe sooner.

If LWRC made a semi auto version of their 45 CQB rifle that would be awesome, but I'm really enjoying my MPX. Got 7 mags for it, I think I'm okay for a little bit

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Bullpup Armory has the ASC 9mm mags on sale right now. Couple dollars off the 10, 20 and 32 round mags. Still buy three and get free shipping. I just ordered 2-20 rnd and 1-32 rnd.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    M1SB.jpg

That's the ONLY SBR I want

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I'm about to build one (in .40). I would like to use a Quarter Circle 10 lower but I'll probably use the Joe Bobs Spartan which is actually a New Frontier billet lower because it's about $150 cheaper. New frontier just recently released an upper that is supposed to have a last round bolt hold open feature. It's only about $30 more. These are Glock mag lowers.
    I'll be getting the bolt, barrel and buffer from Macon Armory because .40 upper parts are hard to find without paying a lot. I think I have it figured out to 800-850 for the build if I make my own free float handguard. You can do it even cheaper with 9mm. PSA has a decent amount of 9mm uppers and a Glock mag lower now (probably a new frontier also).

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I know the OP said 9 mm, by my .45 Kriss SBR is really fun to shoot, and suppresses very well.
    My Kriss is probably my least favorite of my SBRs. I had to many issues with it early on, but seems pretty reliable these days. Ever have any issues with yours?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I want a UMP .45 clone and an MP7 but since I can't afford one and can't own the other, I'll take a AR SBR in .45

If you want a little more utility for your SBR, at the cost of a bit of mag capacity, you might want to consider SBRing a standard AR lower and buying a .45 DI upper from Macon Armory and one of their HK USC mag adapters. I got one for my M16 and it runs really well with a light buffer. The HK USC mags can be had from Promag with a max capacity of only 20 rounds, but they are fairly cheap. Plus, the direct impingement operation makes it really soft shooting, compared to a blowback.

[video=youtube;lQ0kuzdxuTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ0kuzdxuTQ[/video]

AboveTheBest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Bloomington
    I built a SBR AR9 on a Quarter Circle 10 lower (Glock mags), and it is by far the most enjoyable gun I've ever shot.
    The familiar controls of the AR, and the low recoil of the 9mm make it pretty easy to shoot. I'm sure the MPX would fall into a similar category, but they weren't out when I put mine together, and the assembly is all part of the fun.

I strictly shoot open sights on the gun, and about 50% of the time it's suppressed.
    I think off-hand with irons is the way to go, and when shooting steel it makes for a fun day at the range.

Whatever you get, you'll enjoy it.

Top Bottom