• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The "I won't get them all line", yeah I said that too. 5 SBRs ago. Now I just need a MP5SD, and maybe a MP5K......

On the cans, unless you just want to buy several, get bigger than you need. If you need a 9mm, get a .45, if you need a 5.56, get a .308.

That Coharie has been on Gun Broker forever. Use caution.

Funny you say that, since I just got an MP5SD and an MP5K (well, a Coharie variant of both), which more or less "completes" my HK sear host collection, minus a few odds and ends like an HK21/23, HK11/13, and an HK51 SBR.

Since I now own a grand total of 5 Coharie/Special Weapons roller locks and one of their HK416 clone uppers, I will say you should go into buying any of their guns assuming you'll have to do some work. Now, the work might be minimal, but assume you'll have to do something to them. Use that assumption to help factor the price you are willing to pay, when comparing it to the other HK options (like an MKE or POF recent build, or a very pricey build from some of the other clone builders, but those are all going to be north of $2k).

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Funny you say that, since I just got an MP5SD and an MP5K (well, a Coharie variant of both), which more or less "completes" my HK sear host collection, minus a few odds and ends like an HK21/23, HK11/13, and an HK51 SBR.

Since I now own a grand total of 5 Coharie/Special Weapons roller locks and one of their HK416 clone uppers, I will say you should go into buying any of their guns assuming you'll have to do some work. Now, the work might be minimal, but assume you'll have to do something to them. Use that assumption to help factor the price you are willing to pay, when comparing it to the other HK options (like an MKE or POF recent build, or a very pricey build from some of the other clone builders, but those are all going to be north of $2k).

Very true. I keep HK parts on speed dial. I put a new ejector lever, and a RCM bolt in my Coharie. No problems since, nice straight shooting clone. I had more problems out of my real HK 93.
    How soon until your stamp comes back for the sear?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Very true. I keep HK parts on speed dial. I put a new ejector lever, and a RCM bolt in my Coharie. No problems since, nice straight shooting clone. I had more problems out of my real HK 93.
    How soon until your stamp comes back for the sear?

I'm hoping only a few more weeks. Definitely should be back before the end of March.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I would like to get another Sub2k and SBR it with a suppressor. Actually, just an integral suppressor back to the full length might be best. I don't know. I love mine as a pack and take anywhere "truck" gun, so I would want another to suppress.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I'll offer up this 9mm although in pistol form now until the stamp arrives then it will have a folder on it. Yeah, I read all the threads on this gun last year on other forums when Definitive Arms brought it out so I know haters gonna hate, but at this point I don't care. I'm getting old and I wanted to have some sort of AK based 9mm and this one shoots sweet. If Kalashnikov USA or somebody (anybody) brings out a well built proper 9mm Krink then I will have one of those too, but with the unpredictability of the political winds, I didn't want to wait.

For those wondering what's on the front, that's a modified Ultimak that I originally got for a Draco. I'm waiting for my Octane to get out of jail to run this suppressed.

AKX9%20Side%201_zpswzcbue4g.jpg

AKX9%20Side%202_zpsvi1iwlwp.jpg

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'll offer up this 9mm although in pistol form now until the stamp arrives then it will have a folder on it. Yeah, I read all the threads on this gun last year on other forums when Definitive Arms brought it out so I know haters gonna hate, but at this point I don't care. I'm getting old and I wanted to have some sort of AK based 9mm and this one shoots sweet. If Kalashnikov USA or somebody (anybody) brings out a well built proper 9mm Krink then I will have one of those too, but with the unpredictability of the political winds, I didn't want to wait.

For those wondering what's on the front, that's a modified Ultimak that I originally got for a Draco. I'm waiting for my Octane to get out of jail to run this suppressed.

AKX9%20Side%201_zpswzcbue4g.jpg

AKX9%20Side%202_zpsvi1iwlwp.jpg

How does it shoot? I was looking at getting one of those before I got swept into HK roller lock crazy land.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    How does it shoot? I was looking at getting one of those before I got swept into HK roller lock crazy land.

It shoots great. I will like it better when I can put a stock on it, but it is a fairly soft shooter. They did a good job of matching the weight and spring tension of the action to the 9mm round. And the way they built it makes it very smooth.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It shoots great. I will like it better when I can put a stock on it, but it is a fairly soft shooter. They did a good job of matching the weight and spring tension of the action to the 9mm round. And the way they built it makes it very smooth.

That is a very cool gun. I had heard of them, but this is the first one I've seen. Piston driven, or direct blowback?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    This for pistol cal ARs. Ive yet to see one be as reliable w/ glock mags. Only possible exception is I have not yet seen a JP in the wild.

re 44mag.com:

why? I've had good experiences w/ them.

-rvb

I used to order from them a lot. I had a order pending with them 2 days before Sandy Hook. Item was in stock, just waiting to be filled and shipped. Then Sandy Hook happened and I get a email 6 hours after the shooting that the price of items in my order had changed.

Oh boy, did they ever. The M&P mags went from $23 to $45 a pop, did I want to proceed with the order?

I told them to F%$K off and stick the mags up their a%$.

I was not the only one this happened to.

Ordered the mags from Greg Cote LLC. He never changed the prices of his mags.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I used to order from them a lot. I had a order pending with them 2 days before Sandy Hook. Item was in stock, just waiting to be filled and shipped. Then Sandy Hook happened and I get a email 6 hours after the shooting that the price of items in my order had changed.

Oh boy, did they ever. The M&P mags went from $23 to $45 a pop, did I want to proceed with the order?

I told them to F%$K off and stick the mags up their a%$.

I was not the only one this happened to.

Ordered the mags from Greg Cote LLC. He never changed the prices of his mags.

that would suck... I think all I ordered from them during SH was a couple 9mm AR mags "just in case." They were a bit higher than normal, like 30%ish iirc, not double or anything. I've ordered dozens of mags from them over the years w/ no problems...

even during SH their AR mags were like $17-$19 IIRC for NHMTG w/ magpul followers which was a bit high but not bad...

thanks for sharing, always good to know who's treating customers right...

-rvb

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    that would suck... I think all I ordered from them during SH was a couple 9mm AR mags "just in case." They were a bit higher than normal, like 30%ish iirc, not double or anything. I've ordered dozens of mags from them over the years w/ no problems...

even during SH their AR mags were like $17-$19 IIRC for NHMTG w/ magpul followers which was a bit high but not bad...

thanks for sharing, always good to know who's treating customers right...

-rvb

I bought a ton of mags from them, prior to SH.

I can understand changing the price of mags on the website, but to change them while a customers order is being processed, I cant do that.

Top Bottom