• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have used the Federal 147 with Bowling Pins and it was spot on and cleaned the pins off the table quite nicely.

I have bought alot of Blazer Brass 115 with a little of the 124, but I wanted to try another brand just for variety, and did order the Federal 147.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I don't want to rain on your parade but surely you realize it's going to take a machine rest of some sort to actually measure the difference in accuracy. Pistol accuracy is much more dependent on the shooter than the ammo or the firearm at normal pistol distances.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't want to rain on your parade but surely you realize it's going to take a machine rest of some sort to actually measure the difference in accuracy. Pistol accuracy is much more dependent on the shooter than the ammo or the firearm at normal pistol distances.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

This. About the only major difference I've noticed between bullet weights (besides slight recoil differences) was the ability to knock over steel poppers with one hit with 147gr vs 115gr in an IDPA match I did a few years ago. Accuracy will depend more on buying decent ammo (Federal, Blazer Brass, Fiocchi) that is consistent and practicing and getting better with it.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    This. About the only major difference I've noticed between bullet weights (besides slight recoil differences) was the ability to knock over steel poppers with one hit with 147gr vs 115gr in an IDPA match I did a few years ago. Accuracy will depend more on buying decent ammo (Federal, Blazer Brass, Fiocchi) that is consistent and practicing and getting better with it.

I will second this. While a good shooter is a good shooter one can tell a slight difference between the 115 and the 124-147 on steel as well as the heavier 9's seem to do better on bowling pins than 115's.

And the mahor majority or LE agencies that issue 9mm (I know we aren't talking defensive rounda but still a relationship) use 124-147 gr.

As mentioned can us mortals see a real difference in accuracy with hand held group's maybe but most competitive shooters run 147 for a reason. Great balance of everything. JMHO from shooting IDPA, some USPSA and Pins.

Top Bottom