A&A Optics sponsored Appleseed #2 Seelyville IN August 16th, and 17th.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    A&A Optics sponsored Appleseed #2 Seelyville/Terre Haute IN August 16th/17th.

OK folks its that time of year. As a lot of you know I am a very strong proponent of the Appleseed program. The wonderful thing about running your own business, is that you can take the money from that business, and support what ever program's you see fit. I think its important for folks to see the money they give me for optics going right back into the firearms community. With that in mind we have been working for quite some time to square away all the details of another event like this, and we are close enough that I feel comfortable announcing it to you guys. Here is one of the AAR's from last year's shoot.

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=37350.0

At last years shoot we had a lot more people wanting to participate than we had line so hold them. I expect this year to be just as successful. I tell you this because if your thinking about attending, I would act quickly. We sold out 40 slots last year with ease. I know more than a few folks were unable to attend my last shoot due to it being on the far east side of the state. This year I decided to have it on the west side to allow a some shooters that were given pause by the travel time a opportunity to participate. With that in mind we chose Seelyville on August 16th and 17th. If you would like to join us click the link below.

Seelyville, IN Appleseed August 16-17, 2014 Tickets, Terre Haute - Eventbrite

What is not worked out is what exactly Ill be GIVING away. I know it will be 10 scopes/red dots (25% chance isn't bad). I know it will be roughly 4000 dollars in value. I do not know exactly what I'm giving yet. My intention's are to square that away sometime next week. When I do I will edit this post, so check back.

The scope's are really just icing on the cake. I'm yet to hear of anyone taking a Appleseed and after it was all said and done not being happy they did. This is by far the best rifle training on the market in its price range, but even the marksmanship is icing on the cake. The real gem here is the history you will hear. Folks who have been to shoot's in the past can attest to what I'm taking about. I can say for a fact if you have never been, it is not the same story you think you know. Like most of you reading this who are considering attending your first shoot, I attended my first shoot for the marksmanship. I figured I could suffer threw some history. I stuck with the program and came back for the history. I'm the furthest thing you can imagine from a history buff, but the story you will hear at this shoot (of any Appleseed/Libertyseed) will stick with you, and make you want to be a better american. With that said, between the marksmanship, and optics that's A LOT of icing, and that was exactly my intention's.

If you have any questions post up, and either I or someone from the program most qualified will be happy to answer them.

Vortex Optics - Viper HS LR 2.5-10x32 FFP XLR (MOA)

Vortex Optics - Diamondback HP 3-12x42 V-Plex

Vortex Optics - Diamondback HP 2-8x32 V-Plex

Vortex Optics - Crossfire II 1-4x24 V-Brite

Vortex Optics - Crossfire II 1-4x24 V-Plex

Vortex Optics - Crossfire II 2-7x32 Rimfire V-Plex Rimfire

Vortex Optics - Spitfire 3x Prism Scope EBR-556B<br />(MOA)

Vortex Optics - Spitfire 1x Prism Scope DRT<br />(MOA)

Vortex Optics - SPARC II Red Dot 2 MOA Bright Red Dot

Vortex Optics - StrikeFire II Red Dot

All these scopes will be given away at random. Score will not effect if you get a free scope.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    WOW! I can't wait for this :)

Do you have any idea of the line staff this year? Last year was an amazing group....

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    WOW! I can't wait for this :)

Do you have any idea of the line staff this year? Last year was an amazing group....

To be honest we never discussed it. Ive worked with MOST of the Indiana crew, and there really is no bad instructor's (with the possible exception of Grunt:):) so I didn't ask.

I know Brown (he was at my last shoot) is the SB, but I really dont know about the rest of the crew.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    To be honest we never discussed it. Ive worked with MOST of the Indiana crew, and there really is no bad instructor's (with the possible exception of Grunt:):) so I didn't ask.

I know Brown (he was at my last shoot) is the SB, but I really dont know about the rest of the crew.

you cut me deep smalls! Down to the white meat. I'm most amazing in my own mind :)

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I will be Shoot Bossing this event. If you have a Appleseed instructor you really want to see involved name them here and I will do my best to get them there:):

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I'd like to attend this with my wife, but I only have the one 10/22...would someone be willing to loan a rifle for the shoot? I'd happily bring an extra brick of 22 to donate /exchange.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'd like to attend this with my wife, but I only have the one 10/22...would someone be willing to loan a rifle for the shoot? I'd happily bring an extra brick of 22 to donate /exchange.

Someone will definitely loan you a rifle. If your wanting a 10-22 I have a extra one you can use.

Anyone considering this. Dont allow lack of equipment to keep you off the line. Myself, of one of the instructors will have loaner rifles on site.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Someone will definitely loan you a rifle. If your wanting a 10-22 I have a extra one you can use.

Anyone considering this. Dont allow lack of equipment to keep you off the line. Myself, of one of the instructors will have loaner rifles on site.

Not only will we make sure that we have loaner rifles available but loaner slings, too. And, if you find you are having trouble scrounging up enough .22 LR ammo, post here and I bet that someone will be able to find some ammo to sell to you at cost. We aren't going to supply ammo so you don't have to dip into your stash but we will help you out if the only thing keeping you from showing up is a lack ammo.

C ya,

brian

dak109

Expert
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I am trying to decide between this one and the Nashville one. Nashville is in my backyard. This one is 2 hours away. Decisions, decisions! I can't do both or I would.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I wish I could make it to this one. I missed the 1st one too. Alan, I guess I'll just keep buying scopes from you instead of winning them.

cwillour

Expert
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Anybody for road-trip from South Bend/Mishawaka or thereabouts? The drive is BORING & I wouldn't mind splitting gas $$ if we could get 3-4 headed that way.,

Top Bottom