• Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    From the article...
    Truckload of dangerous weapons stolen from Indianapolis stores
    Even for Class III, that a little redundant dontcha' think?

Thieves are given a pass far too often.
    "Oh well, no one got hurt" is what you hear.
    But it's not true.
    Someone worked long and hard for those items.
    And in this case, being guns, the hurt can pile up really really fast.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have always been concerned with badguys watching gunshops.
    Indoor range and machine gun? That will get you noticed.
    Unique vehicle outside? Can be spotted later.................at home.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    very sorry to hear about this. Profire is a good shop, with helpful and attentive guys.
    I hope they find they jack*sses that did this. I'll certainly keep my eyes open around here.

Any news yet, since the original reporting of this?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Best wishes to Andrew and Profire staff! Stand up folks there. Sorry they were the victims of what appears to be a professional job.

Considering the circumstances, I can only assume they have the best of the best professionals working this case.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Agreed....and with Andrew headed over seas, maybe they think it will make him look like he is trying to pull an insurance scam.

hate to say it but insurance job is the first thing that popped into my mind after reading how it all went down.

Hope it all gets recovered.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    When we traveled to race tracks and had to stay overnight one of us always slept in the trailer unless it was secured in the confines of the racing facility with security staff. That was a trailer with a race car and gear in it. I would never leave a trailer with class 3 in it out of my site. I have zero faith in people. Someone is watching. Not Paranoid I just know people. There are far to many who are willing and able to steal your stuff.

I agree with you 100%.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm sorry to the owner for the theft. And I'm sorry some people are blaming the victim. You can second-guess whether he had "enough" security, even as most of us don't know exactly what he had. You can also speculate that this wouldn't have happened if he had slept in the trailer (or he might be dead if he had done that.)

There is no "perfect" level of security and we don't know the skill of the thieves.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sorry to the owner for the theft. And I'm sorry some people are blaming the victim. You can second-guess whether he had "enough" security, even as most of us don't know exactly what he had. You can also speculate that this wouldn't have happened if he had slept in the trailer (or he might be dead if he had done that.)

There is no "perfect" level of security and we don't know the skill of the thieves.

Not blaming the victim in this. I know him and like him very much.
    I was only stating how we watched our gear.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    As reported by WISH TV - http://wishtv.com/2014/09/22/trailer-full-of-guns-ammo-stolen-from-indy-business/

According to police, the trailer was filled with the following firearms and accessories:

• 3 M16 type fully automatic rifles
    • 2 full auto AK47s
    • A Beretta Auto Sear machine gun
    • A Century Arms machine gun
    • 5 HK MP5 type sub-machine guns
    • A Century Arms Tantal machine gun
    • A full auto Thompson 1928A1 sub-machine gun
    • A full auto UZI sub-machine gun
    • An Ohio Ordinance 249 SAW belt fed full auto machine gun
    Pistols include:

• 2 Ruger semi autos
    • A Beretta 92FS semi auto
    • 2 Sig Sauer semi autos
    • 2 Kimber semi auto handguns
    • An HK 45T semi auto pistol
    There were two short barrelled rifles — one a Mosin 91/30 and the other a Vector Arms PTR-91P, two Remington 870 shotguns and one Savage Arms 720 shotgun.
    Police say there were also 16 suppressors in the trailer along with approximately 20,000 rounds of mixed ammunition, a pallet jack, and $2,500 worth of miscellaneous magazines.

Last edited:

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Hate to hear this Andrew! Also hoping that some nearby security camera caught a glimpse of this trailer being hauled away. I'm guessing the BATFE is just as interested in finding out what happened.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    According to police, the trailer was filled with the following firearms and accessories:

• 3 M16 type fully automatic rifles
    • 2 full auto AK47s
    • A Beretta Auto Sear machine gun
    • A Century Arms machine gun
    • 5 HK MP5 type sub-machine guns
    • A Century Arms Tantal machine gun
    • A full auto Thompson 1928A1 sub-machine gun
    • A full auto UZI sub-machine gun
    • An Ohio Ordinance 249 SAW belt fed full auto machine gun
    Pistols include:

• 2 Ruger semi autos
    • A Beretta 92FS semi auto
    • 2 Sig Sauer semi autos
    • 2 Kimber semi auto handguns
    • An HK 45T semi auto pistol
    There were two short barrelled rifles — one a Mosin 91/30 and the other a Vector Arms PTR-91P, two Remington 870 shotguns and one Savage Arms 720 shotgun.
    Police say there were also 16 suppressors in the trailer along with approximately 20,000 rounds of mixed ammunition, a pallet jack, and $2,500 worth of miscellaneous magazines.

Makes me sick to my stomach knowing the scrutiny he is going to go through from both his customer base and the alphabet organizations in the coming weeks.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    He is not in any trouble at all...

Depending on his insurance he will have to pay the deductible, and his rates will no doubt rise. And with this large of a claim I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped him and he had to start searching for a new provider.

He will no doubt have to deal w/ headaches answering questions from the ATF, FBI, and metro. and there will be plenty of them. They will also probably come through all his books w/ a fine tooth comb. Knowing him they probably wont find much besides a few clerical errors possibly but that doesn't amount to anything other than a written warning. (I know this because I have been through it)

Might also have some extra questions to ask when it comes time to renew licensing but theft is not grounds for not renewing a license.

He just has a lot of stress ahead of him no doubt, but its far from a mountain to tall to climb. Lots of paperwork though which ATF paperwork is a nightmare in its own sense.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Indeed...I hope and pray none of that stuff shows up at a crime scene. Oh brother...will it ever suck then.

Other than a punch to the gut, legally speaking it doesn't matter where or how the missing firearms turn up, provided they were reported stolen the proper way. When you have an FFL the reporting becomes a lot more complicated above and beyond just filing a police report.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Indy...I would imagine the interested LEO parties will be going through the books with a fine tooth comb...like you said...especially if they are trying to compile a potential suspect list. If he has video I hope it goes back a month or so because it would not be surprising to find out the thieves have been in his store. I'm sure the LEOs are already all over that.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's a really nice trailer.

Here in Indy a trailer like that often contains a valuable car or tools. It is an attractive target for thieves without being full of machine guns.

If I were a thief looking for quick cash I would think twice about fencing that load...think about who you'd have to deal with to sell it.

Now I'm sitting here thinking about the people who would be in the market for stolen machine guns.

Anyway, I hope their property is recovered intact. That is a really nice trailer.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    One of the articles stated there wasn't any damage to the locks on the trailer. So it has been recovered? The same article also stated there were no drag marks from the tires. I'm venturing a guess, to avoid potential noise a set of go jacks could've been used, lifting the trailer tires off of the ground.

I hope for the best on this.

Top Bottom