• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You do realize that other things didn't get investigated, etc because of this, right? When one case slurps up a huge quantity of resources, other things don't get those resources. That is why LE costs can be imposed against criminals as part of restitution regardless of if they were salary or overtime.

You seem awful cavalier with police resources and tax dollars here.

Once again, where did I call for his FFL to be revoked?

You have not called for it... directly. But between this and the other thread, it seems like you are really trying to magnify the public slamming of profire. I don't know where you are coming from is all. It really seems like an easy opportunity to just pile on and keep on kicking him while he is down. Do you hope to accomplish something by the constant negative rhetoric?

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    I have no agenda other than that I really don't like people leaving machineguns out for the methheads to scoop up. I am really surprised by the number of people around here who really don't appear to give a **** about that.

Maybe it's because most of us are rational enough to understand that these weapons were stored in a locked trailer, with a hitch lock and a wheel lock. You make it sound like Andrew parked the thing loaded up without any security at all with the doors left wide open.

There is not a house, shop, trailer, bunker or whatever that if a crew of pro thieves want it, they are going to take it. So what would your self righteous rant be if someone had defeated the alarm system, broken into the building and cut the safe open? Theft is theft. Get over yourself.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'm coming from that I really don't think that people should leave machineguns out like this and I am really shocked that so many gun owners are hell bent on defending and encouraging this sort of behavior.

I have no axe to grind against profire; I have never had a negative dealing with them or any dealing for that matter.

I do have a problem with them repeatedly leaving NFA items out in vehicles overnight. If affects my rights, my safety, and my tax dollars when dealers let machineguns and cans go out into the street with NO good reason for not having them better secured.

I don't want to get up early is NOT a freaking excuse.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Maybe it's because most of us are rational enough to understand that these weapons were stored in a locked trailer, with a hitch lock and a wheel lock. You make it sound like Andrew parked the thing loaded up without any security at all with the doors left wide open.

There is not a house, shop, trailer, bunker or whatever that if a crew of pro thieves want it, they are going to take it. So what would your self righteous rant be if someone had defeated the alarm system, broken into the building and cut the safe open? Theft is theft. Get over yourself.

Thats BS and you know it. That thieves exist is no reason to just throw ones hands up and declare security a non-issue. This trailer was less secure than many/most contractor's trailers.

What a cop out.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Those two don't look all that clever. I don't know Andrew, but I see his adds at the top of the page. So I can understand the support for him. Was he even in the country?

A car with a trailer hitch is far from an organized black ops team from the movies with NV and laser metal cutters.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So you have proof that drones were used for THIS investigation? IMPD doesn't even have helo's anymore. Federal agents travel, its what they do, and what they would be doing regardless, if not here then somewhere else. Meals, same thing. Not sure what the ect. ect's are, but I speculate they would be incurred costs regardless of this event.
    I was just really making a joke, but I'm sure this operation costs a lot. Doesn't matter.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Thats BS and you know it. That thieves exist is no reason to just throw ones hands up and declare security a non-issue. This trailer was less secure than many/most contractor's trailers.

What a cop out.

And you are aware of the exact details of the security of this trailer how exactly?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    And you are aware of the exact details of the security of this trailer how exactly?

I went with what you provided as adequate security: door lock, hitch lock, wheel lock, thin skinned light trailer with firearm company logo on it. Apparently parked behind closed business overnight.

As I posted way back in this thread, trailer theft is common, easy, and it is widely known how to defeat everything listed above.

Any methhead tow truck driver could do it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I went with what you provided as adequate security: door lock, hitch lock, wheel lock, thin skinned light trailer with firearm company logo on it. Apparently parked behind closed business overnight.

As I posted way back in this thread, trailer theft is common, easy, and it is widely known how to defeat everything listed above.

Any methhead tow truck driver could do it.
    Also the business is not located in what I would consider a good neighborhood!!

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified

Hey Mr Rational, you posted it:

Actually, I went with your comment above. What other security does many/most contractor's trailers have that this one didn't?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Actually, I went with your comment above. What other security does many/most contractor's trailers have that this one didn't?
    I may be guessing here but I doubt many contractors have power drills and circular saws that can cause quite the same havoc as an MP5 or SAW.

Top Bottom