• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Ok, see, THAT one I can understand. THAT's an actual emergency. I can't see calling 911 because I've been inconvenienced due to my own stupidity.

We have a policy that we respond to all calls. It's good PR and we do try to help.

Believe me, I have see more than my share of stupidity. I was called once years ago on a bed ridden person. Her husband had left for work. We had to "jiggle" the handle of the toilet....no joke.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Off-the-wall calls keep things interesting. I don't work for a super-busy department like lrahm and others, so maybe they don't find it as amusing as I do.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Off-the-wall calls keep things interesting. I don't work for a super-busy department like lrahm and others, so maybe they don't find it as amusing as I do.

When I worked in narcotics, I ran into a guy who lined the inside of his apartment with aluminum foil. The reason...to keep the cosmic rays out.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    When I worked in narcotics, I ran into a guy who lined the inside of his apartment with aluminum foil. The reason...to keep the cosmic rays out.

I bet he was just planning to cook a LOT of potatoes and this way was easier.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I saw on some show how the fuzz go around using infrared scanners to look for houses with grow lamps in them. He may have seen the same show.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Just out of curiosity, why did she call the police and not a locksmith? I know lots of people who call the police for that and it would never have occurred to me to call them first, any more than I'd call the fire department to get my cat out of a tree.

don't you just hate it when your car gets stuck in a tree.

car_in_tree.jpg

signal6_911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A lot of police departments stopped providing the unlock service a while back due to officers messing up locks in vehicles. Others have started having people sign waivers. Locksmiths charge outrageous amounts for lockouts, so people need to explore all options in these cases.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I dont mind doing the lockouts, but I do get irritated when they call for one in a torrential downpour. I have told them that I will return when the rain slacks off a bit.

Top Bottom