• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well I took my daughter to her first public range Friday, all of her shooting before that was on private property. We started out at the 100 yard range (her choice) and after a few shots she was getting discouraged, I don't think she realized just how small a target can get at 100 so we moved to the 50 yard range and she had a much better time. Any way her are a few pics from that day.

I forgot to bring some bags so a few carry cases to the rescue.
    100_3254.jpg

Running down to grab her target.
    100_3251.jpg

How's this daddy?
    100_3255.jpg

We went to the Tri county range near Wawasee with another friend of mine, nice range and the few people that were there were all very friendly.
    It was a hot one that day but despite the heat it was a great day.
    Stay safe and shoot straight :ingo:
    -Bret-

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Brings a tear to my eye... +1

She was shooting at 50 yards? I'd take her rabbit hunting! Kid's a good shot!
    Thanks guys.
    Yep that was at 50. She put close to 100 rounds down range that day, that was her last and best grouping at 50.... the first few targets were good too but she seemed to be dialing her self in as she went. This isn't the first time she has shot but the first time at a public range, she got that rifle on her 7th birthday, she's 9 now and has put 3 or 4 hundred through it over the last few years. Thanks for the positive comments guys she read them and got a huge grin on her face.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Great job! I want to take my girl out to do this someday. Was she scared to shoot at first? Does shecwant to shoot after 2 years or do you have to drag her to the range?

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Great job! I want to take my girl out to do this someday. Was she scared to shoot at first? Does shecwant to shoot after 2 years or do you have to drag her to the range?
    If she was nervous/scared she never showed it, the first time out she just listened and did what I told her and after that first pop she just looked up with the biggest grin. Nope she is always asking "Daddy, when can we go again?" She can't wait till she's bigger and can shoot my guns.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Absolutely Awesome!

My oldest daughter is about to turn 7 and she's looking at your pictures asking when can I go do that???

Can we go today dad, hu hu...:)

I guess I'm gonna have to get her a little 22 pretty soon.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Love it. My kiddos are always up for a trip to the range. If I got my daughter a pink gun though, she would shoot me with it. She is not a girly girl when it comes to those kinds of things. She liked my stainless 10-22 so much the first time she shot it when she was 10, that it ended up being hers. I had to go get myself another one, which the boy now will probably get. He likes his little bolt action with scope and bipod. Regularly breaks clays out at the 90 yard berm.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Never had kids, sorta wish I'd had a daughter though, well until she was 13 or so! Anyway, good to see you two had a good day. She's a good shot! Enjoy it while you can. :yesway:

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Boy... I miss those days. Neither of my teenage daughters will shoot with me anymore. I regret not taking photos like you've done. Enjoy your time with your daughter and I hope she keeps it up.

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    My daughter is 5 and I am going to get her pink cricket soon also to start shooting with in a couple of years. I already have a Kahr PM9 in the safe for her when she gets older. In fact I have two NIB Kahr PM9's for both my daughters put back for their future.

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    Wish I was that good of a shot at that age. I read a topic on another forum, maybe the TFL or THR where a guy built up a 22lr AR for his little one. He even went as far as to get it duracoated purple wih pink and white ribbons and hearts. Children seen to flock to a 22lr rifle like Ducks to the water.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Bought my daughters each a Rossi combo 22/410 and a H&R Snake Tamer 410. The Rossi is single barrel, nice for beginners. Wasn't long, they wanted the 10/22. No pink ones back then. My avatar shows this June the youngest daughter and me walking down the aisle. Oldest is getting married this Sept.. Might buy or build them pink 22's next year for their anniversaries (sp?). Hmmmmmmm. We had great times at our home range, but like someone said, no pictures, what was I thinking???? Youngest and husband are outback right now with a couple of their friends and fiancee and wife now shooting 22's, 223, 45, 243 and a bb gun for the one couple's young daughter! Cherish the time, keep it fun, she will be able to defend herself when you are not there to do it.

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for all the positive feed back and great comments everyone. Shelby and I had fun reading them. She also says thanks for the nice comments.
    -Bret-

Top Bottom