• ...and so much more!
  • BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    Good shooting Shelby! :draw:

some of the best memories i have of my childhood were the days my dad and i would got shooting and fishing at a family friends property. that and riding dirt bikes out there was a good time too!

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    That is great!

I just bought my little girl a pink .22 just like that at Bradis a couple weeks ago. Since I am home for a few days, we are going to go shoot it one day this week.

Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    Fine shooting. I'm looking to get my daughter a gun as well.

My daughter is fond of pink also. Did that pink case come with the gun or did you pick it up seperately?

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Not to thread-jack.... but have you seen the Walther P-22 in PINK DIGITAL CAMO? We have them in stock for $369.99... just in case she wants a matching pistola. Shoes... Well that I can't help her with, lol!

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Fine shooting. I'm looking to get my daughter a gun as well.

My daughter is fond of pink also. Did that pink case come with the gun or did you pick it up separately?
    Nope, had to buy it separately. Got the gun at Gander Mountain and the case at Dunhams.

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not to thread-jack.... but have you seen the Walther P-22 in PINK DIGITAL CAMO? We have them in stock for $369.99... just in case she wants a matching pistola. Shoes... Well that I can't help her with, lol!
    What!!! No Shoes!! What kind of gun shop doesn't sell pink shoes? lol
    Yep she's seen them and likes them, unfortunately for her the next gun purchase is for my wife, if you happen across a 3913 lady smith let me know.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Good job Dad!!! Good shooting Shelby!

You are doing a fine thing by teaching your daughter to shoot safely. You are opening doors for her with benefits you cannot imagine. You are giving her the tools to protect herself when you are not there and you are strengthening our country by building another responsible gun owner.

I remember shooting with my dad when I was about that age. It was a worn little bolt action .22 that he used to keep food on the table when he was a boy in the late 40's.

I'll never forget that day. It was the first time I was entrusted with something really important (the safety and lives of my family and neighbors) and as good of a day as I'm likely to ever have.

Thank you and congratulations on doing it right.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Bravo Dad!:rockwoot: I remember my oldest, now 17, just staring out with pink Chipmunk! Over the years between I have bought different rifles and pistols. Including a 22lr Kimber 1911 and a pink duracoated colt 6920!
    Well thats changed now, she is too old for that kids stuff, "Dad I turn 18 in less than a year, I will get my LTCH at that time. Don't you think its time for me to move on to grownup guns?" I was told this maybe a month ago. Well since then I have bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 for her.

Built her a very nice M4 carbine, BCM SOCOM M4 upper, fail zero BCG, Med Latch Gunfighter charging handle, Daniel Defense LITE rail, DD VFG, YHM flip up front sight/gas block, matech buis, aim point M4 sight with 3x mag on Larue FTS mount and a primary arms 380 lumen light on a pressure pad.
    Lower is a BCM as well with a Magpul ACS stock, Magpul ASAP sling mount, Single point sling, Magpul P mags, Magpul MOE grip holding a insert containing a spare bolt and firing pin. 1K of m885 ammo will go with her.

The last item is a Mossberg 590 military 12 ga.
    These will all go with her to our rental home she will use during college and on into life! I won't always be there too protect her but my training and gifts will!

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good advice guys..I plan on spending as much time as I can with all 3 of them. Once again thanks for all the kind words.
    -Bret-

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Super Pix! And very good shooting on Shelby's part!

WLW, they do come back. Be patient.

My own Shelby (23 now) is more into handguns. She still likes her model 60, but still doesn't care for her .410 too much.
    Little sis Christa? Fuhgeddaboudit. If it goes bang she'll shoot it, and usually do well. She likes her .22 rifle best to this day though.

Shelby, You did really well! Kids like you make us dads proud.

Top Bottom