• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The total income of women is about 70%-80% of what men make. This is because women choose lower paying careers (like teacher versus engineer) and more women work part time than men do. Women are paid less in the aggregate for the same reason that the unemployed are paid less.
    Any woman who has education and seniority equal to a man and is paid less can sue her employer for discrimination.

The only way to have totally equal pay is to have a tax rate of 100% and have the government dole out the money equally.

THIS.

Not only do women tend to gravitate to lower paying fields, when they do play at the same level as men in those higher paying fields, they often negotiate a lower salary for more flexibility. Bob the VP makes 100k. Bob works 60 hours+ a week, and often leaves after the cleaning crew leaves the building. Sally is also a VP. She chooses to work more normal hours of 40/week so she can come and go at an appropriate time to balance family life, drop/get kids at daycare, etc. since Sally works less than Bob, she is paid accordingly. Now if the Sallys of the world would choose to ignore their motherly duties, they could get paid as much as the Bobs. I have a few friends that are single, childless women. And wouldnt you know? They make just as much as the men because they work just as hard and put in the hours that the men do without requesting the perks of flexibility and time off that the family oriented women do.

I technically make a "womans wage" for my skill set. I could get a job for more, but I choose not to. My company gives me the flexibility I need to support my family in ways other than financially. Yes, I work some long hours sometimes, but I havent "punched the clock" in regards to vacation days in 10 years. If I need time off, even at the last minute, I get it. Need to leave early to take my kid to swimming lessons or join them at the zoo field trip? No biggie. Want to take the day off because it's an odd numbered day? Sure thing. As long as my work gets done and I answer my cell if something comes up I can do what I want. I could find a job at a stuffy fortune 500 that requires drone like 8-5 M-F hours with lots of "overtime" and "mother may I? No you may not take the time off because you dont have any days left. HR sez NO!" But I choose to do what I love, at a company I love, with the flexibility I desire. According to the liberals, I should make just as much as the guy sweating it out at the stuffy office even though I dont appear to work as hard.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Top Bottom