A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm not cool enough to ride the bandwagon, no matter the brand. There's no reason to avoid one brand because of another if they fit into the safe and budget, so the safe is currently stuffed with 1911s, CZs and Glocks. I've been toying with picking up a SS 9mm for general concealment duty when I don't feel comfortable with something larger. The thing is, since the mags are unique and holsters will be unique, there's little to be gained in going Glock over anything else. So the market is wide open for what I am pretending to need right now.

Indyfishyak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Gave my g17 to my wife and painted her slide pink (sorry Glock fan boys). But own two m&p s&w's in 9 & 45 with apex parts and love the way they feel and they are nail drivers

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I wish the long-awaited "single stack 9" was 19 sized, just slimmer. Still curious to try out the 43.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I kind of did the same thing, I didn't like the finger grooves on a Glock, so I bought a gen 2 , didn't like the plastic feel so I bought a Hogue rubber slip on, and it has finger grooves. Don't care for it much, I bought a Glock 20 SF , I love it, but hate the finger grooves, so for carry purposes I went back to Sig , except for my Kimber 10mm , I will keep the 2 Glocks I have because they won't fetch enough to justify selling them.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    :scared:

I've been considering jumping off of the Glock train for a while now.... I came back and reread this entire thread. It's happening. I almost can't believe it myself. Switching to the M&P9 and the M&P Shield 9 for t-shirt weather. :spend:

:faint:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I hate Glocks. They're awkward, cumbersome and ugly. :puke:

I carry 2 of them.................mainly because I can't afford a pair of Sigs yet.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This plastic gun decision making is like deciding whether apple wood smoked bacon or hickory smoked bacon is better. Get them both.

Top Bottom