A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    Just finished reading this whole thread, and man is it jammed full of useful information. I like Ruger guns a lot, but I also appreciate all the guns from different manufacturers from which we get to chose. Never tried a Glock, or M&P but look forward to shooting both this coming year.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, I'll give you props for getting through 761 posts. I tend to get a page or two into a long thread, then get impatient and jump to the end.

I don't remember when my last post to this thread was, but I still have 3 of my Glocks. I don't carry them, but it's only because I can run a 1911 better than I can run a Glock, so that's where my attention is right now. I'll probably always have these last three, being a G21, G23 and G27.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I just acquired a G17 that I plan to shoot some form of practical shooting sports with. I had many Glocks in the past but sold them all and bought 1911's.

I do find that I'm not as sensitive (if you will) with the Glocks as I am with my 1911's. I kinda needed a beater gun. Glock fills that need.

Kmocao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Somewhar in the Bush
    Having short fingers myself, Glocks feel like I'm holding a 2x4. My M&P 9 just feels infinitely more comfortable in my hand. I love it and will probably never get rid of it

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I still like Glocks. My fingers are still sausages. I still carry an M&P9.

But I shot pretty well with a Shield the other day . . .

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    I tried the Koolaid, and it wasn't for me. I don't care for the Glock from my experience. Still an outstanding gun, a real tack driver of a pistol out of the box, but it's not for me. I hated the grip angle, the finger grooves, and the recoil didn't feel right to me. I'm used to the 1911 grip angle, grip safety ;) and high bore axis so the XD/XDs/XDm series is my go to handgun.

The CZ 75 is my new Glock substitute for low bore axis but with a great grip.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I've said it many times on this forum over the years, when discussing "best for me" polymer carry sidearms. I used to own Glocks, and never really warmed to the ergos. I moved to the M&P platform not long after they came to market, and suffered many slings and arrows from the Glock sycophants as I tried to tell the World about the awesome new line of handguns. Today I have moved almost completely away from the M&P platform to the amazing Walther PPQ line of pistols. All of this has been done to find polymer pistol nirvana, and I can only say that perfection takes many different forms to many different people. I'm just glad that so-called perfection didn't end when Gaston introduced his version in 1982.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've said it many times on this forum over the years, when discussing "best for me" polymer carry sidearms. I used to own Glocks, and never really warmed to the ergos. I moved to the M&P platform not long after they came to market, and suffered many slings and arrows from the Glock sycophants as I tried to tell the World about the awesome new line of handguns. Today I have moved almost completely away from the M&P platform to the amazing Walther PPQ line of pistols. All of this has been done to find polymer pistol nirvana, and I can only say that perfection takes many different forms to many different people. I'm just glad that so-called perfection didn't end when Gaston introduced his version in 1982.

PPQ. :thumbsup:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's unfortunate that the PPQ M2 isn't more popular. In an ideal world, we'd have the same holster selections as Glock and $20 15rd and 17rd magazines would be plentiful.

Aside from being the standard for reliability and durability, the ubiquitous nature of Glocks grants a much better selection of accessories.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It's unfortunate that the PPQ M2 isn't more popular. In an ideal world, we'd have the same holster selections as Glock and $20 15rd and 17rd magazines would be plentiful.

Aside from being the standard for reliability and durability, the ubiquitous nature of Glocks grants a much better selection of accessories.

agreed. Glock and M&P are still the polymer guns that I recommend. But I can't help but be impressed with the PPQ. I think the Sig P320 will also be a pistol to keep an eye on.

Top Bottom