• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    the power of the factory sport round is leaves some thing to be desired but it is far from a 22 mag. keep in mind the velocities you see for the 22 mag is for a 16" barrel not a pistol with a 5 inch. . .
    But dollar for dollar the 5.7 seems like a totals waste of money.

Sure it packs more punch than a 22 Magnum, but it packs less than a 223/5.56. Its sort of that middle ground for which there is very little use. Not quite as good as the 5.56 and not so much better than the 22 Magnum to justify the cost.

:dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    NATO and the UN thinks the 5.56 is to much of a damaging round and wanted it replaced by the 5.7 so you know, now we can just wound people even less. :n00b:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    i got the ar57 and love it. probably one of my favorite guns to shoot and it's so easy to fashion a brass catcher out of a old ar mag. a lot of people seem to knock the 5.7 round but its definitely a good round and from what i have seen very effective. i mean even the secret service is rocking the ps90's now :)

Pretty sure they're using P90s. Any round will work a lot better when you've got a switch that allows you to put 3-5 of them on target in less than .5 sec.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Every time I hear of people complaining about how poor a round the 5.7x28 is I ask for volunteers. Never get any, but I assure you the poor military personnel at Fort Hood found out first hand how poor a round it is....

The P90 was designed as a CQ weapon, not a long distance shooter. It does that job very well.

The Excel X-5.7R Retail is $795.00. Actual street price could make it a winner!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Every time I hear of people complaining about how poor a round the 5.7x28 is I ask for volunteers. Never get any, but I assure you the poor military personnel at Fort Hood found out first hand how poor a round it is....

The P90 was designed as a CQ weapon, not a long distance shooter. It does that job very well.

The Excel X-5.7R Retail is $795.00. Actual street price could make it a winner!

I'm not gonna volunteer to get kicked in the junk either. That doesn't mean a shoe is the best available defense tool.

As for Ft. Hood, 43 wounded, 13 killed. As horrible as it was, I'm glad he wasn't using 5.56. Those numbers surely would have been much worse.

Top Bottom