• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And again, if we were truly free, there`d not be a need for court cases regardless. It`s not freedom when it takes a citizen with the means to fight a legal battle in court to be free. Freedom would be not allowing the event to occur in the first place.

No one isn't saying there isn't room for improvement. There is ALWAYS room for improvement, for any place shot of paradise. The fact that the case actually went to court, and the understanding of our legal system, I personally believe, is indicative of us NOT being a police state.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    While we are still a long way from North Korea, I also believe we should take the words of Merle Haggard into consideration:

In 1960, when I came out of prison as an ex-convict, I had more freedom under parolee supervision than there's available... in America right now.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    While we are still a long way from North Korea, I also believe we should take the words of Merle Haggard into consideration:

Agreed. And even though I overstated the issue earlier, this is my concern, and I believe it`s a valid concern. Freedom and liberty are eroding in America.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Agreed. And even though I overstated the issue earlier, this is my concern, and I believe it`s a valid concern. Freedom and liberty are eroding in America.

I am with you and would add that the single most dangerous phrase to freedom in the English language is "This is America, that can't happen here!"

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Much better stated here. I doubt anyone here or I suspect even on the other side would argue that point. In the same breath, though, people say they want freedom but think that "there oughta be a law" to prohibit that with which they do not agree.
    It's contradictory and "anti-freedom", but I suppose if it's for a cause/reason with which you agree.... :rolleyes:

Blessings,
    Bill

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, um, you guys thing this so-called "First Amendment right" applies to Access to Public Records Act/Freedom of Information Act requests that are sent to county government?

Um, I am asking for a friend.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, um, you guys thing this so-called "First Amendment right" applies to Access to Public Records Act/Freedom of Information Act requests that are sent to county government?

Um, I am asking for a friend.
    I... uh... have a friend who thinks the 2 are unrelated. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, it's ok to make up b.s. fake charges about people that file FOIA about their government? Well, that's a relief.
    Wow - that's an Olympic record conclusion-jump. :D

Fake charges are not ok.

Messing around with APRA is not ok, by either side of the transaction.

BTW, so you're friend's been charged by information, or do you mean "charges" as in "rumors"? ;)

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    From what I see most of these incidents involving violations of basic constitutional rights take place in Democrat-run enclaves. Now granted, Democrat-run enclaves are usually high population areas and so there is a higher likelihood of constitutional violations because there are more potential incidents, but still its worth noting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow - that's an Olympic record conclusion-jump. :D

Fake charges are not ok.

Messing around with APRA is not ok, by either side of the transaction.

BTW, so you're friend's been charged by information, or do you mean "charges" as in "rumors"? ;)

Your*

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We are a police state my friend.

FTA:
    Every Circuit Court of Appeals to address this issue (First, Fifth, Seventh, Ninth, and Eleventh) has held that there is a First Amendment right to record police activity in public... Today we [the Third Circuit Court of Appeals] join this growing consensus. Simply put, the First Amendment protects the act of photographing, filming, or otherwise recording police officers conducting their official duties in public.

So, maybe anyone living within the jurisdiction of the Second, Fourth, Sixth, Eighth, and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals could claim to be living in a police state with regard to this matter (if you can find someone who has had the applicable rights restricted), but not most of the country.

Top Bottom