• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Great video, thanks for posting! S&W M&P pistols are top notch. I would need to carry this in my pocket to make it worthwhile, as I have no problems at all carrying my SR9c IWB. I also recently got back into the Glock arena by picking up a brand new G19 Gen 4 recently.

I have owned 3 M&P pistols though (Pro, FS, and compact) and I can say they are just great guns, ergonomic and great shooters.

Looking forward to seeing more videos on this gun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks for the video. I may need to get my hands on one of these to check it out. Stopped by PSS on the off chance they might still have one in the case today to look at, but did not see one.

I'm a long time Glocker as well, and have a fairly good size investment in them, with AA kit, holsters, mags, etc but S&W has peaked my interest. I have a 15-22 and a Sport and know that S&W builds quality.

I think I'd be most interested to see one of these seriously compared/reviewed against the M&P 9c.

Last edited:

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Hickman, First off....GOD your boy is cool ;) hope my girl gets into the CCW lifestyle and gaming sports when she's of age like your boy does.

I am really trying my best to stay away from this gun become i'm such a dyed in the wool glocker...if i buy one i'll feel like the biggest hypocrite ever.

I really do agree that glock should have done this years ago, and not stopped with the 36. I would LOVE to have a single stack 7-9 round 9 mm, .40 or let's go out on a limb and say .357 Sig. By god if Glock can't deliver, maybe i'll just have to turn face and grab one of these.

REALLY DUMB QUESTION HERE....As with glocks in .40 that can be barrel swapped to 9 or .357 sig. Do you think the shield would have such interchangeability in .40 S&W? Because that would SERIOUSLY be cool.

Drop me a line next time you go to SIGC...I'm about 7 minutes away and would LOVE to try this gun to make sure i'm not missing something

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Also, I completely take back everything i said last night....must have been on m4carbine.net a little to long and been to grumpy ;) Those guys can really P!ss in your wheaties and make you have a bad day lol :)

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    OK, just watched a video from shooting time magazine on youtube...GETTING ONE....dag gonnit HICKMAN....looks like you are gonna cost me $1000 in less than 1 month LOL

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I am really trying my best to stay away from this gun become i'm such a dyed in the wool glocker...if i buy one i'll feel like the biggest hypocrite ever.

hehe, what you don't know about me (since we just met) is I am THE proverbial INGO Glock Fanboi.

See:

That spot's already been taken by HICKMAN. :laugh::laugh:

Coming off my high horse to shoot an M&P is a big deal, let alone actually buy one.

I record a lot of my shooting matches and the are covered with Glock this, Team Glock that.... and everyone on INGO knows it, lol.

So yeah, me buyin an M&P is a "big" deal, lol.

I'd be like me allowing one of my sons to enlist in the Navy instead of the Army.... well.. okay... that will NEVER happen.

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    That spot's already been taken by HICKMAN. :laugh::laugh:

No kidding right :) My shoes taste horrible. Been pushing Glock HARD on all the new election buyers at work. You know the type "Hey Man, i wanna get me a gun before the next election what do you (Interruption) GLOCK. Stop right there. There is but only one....but know you are saying there really is something better.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Well, as much as I love Glocks, I know they fit my hand well, but don't for everyone. I have no problems recommending M&Ps and XDM's to new shooters. One has to find the gun that fits them.

My father, being my best example, hates the grip of the Glock and owns an M&P 40.

Notice his comment on Facebook yesterday :D

teammp.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Thanks for the vid, Hickman. As for above, I would hazard to guess that most of us do not look as good as we once may have!:) Think nothing of it. You're amongst friends here.
    I'm getting up there myself, trying to curb it before I get to the point that carrying a holster on my belt is uncomfortable - but definitely getting there.

Uggh...

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I know you still have a heart for the Glock Family, I have been a COLT/SMITH/WALTHER/SIG fan over the years too. Anyway I worked with a co worker on monday who has a Gen 4 G-17, and was going to get a Gen 4 G-26, but was considering the S&W Sheild and I spent the shift talking up the G-26. Anyway switch to yesterday when I sent him a link to this post and then caught him later in the day and said something like "Aha...............see Hickmans Vid I sent you"?!? and he answered "Yes Thanks..................I can't wait to get one"!?!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    noticed a LGS posted they had sold a Shield for $439...

so we've seen a low of $389 and a HIGH of $439

Guess we know who supports Indiana gun owners....

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I picked up mine yesterday from ACME. I have put 100 rounds through it. It is soft shooting for a small, light gun. The trigger is not the greatest. It is gritty and heavy, but M&P guys tell me that it will smooth out and lighten some. It is accurate and easy to shoot with good sights. Overall I like the gun but I am not sure it will do anything my G26 cant do.

Top Bottom