A lot of flakes in the classified section. People back out like crazy!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    The point isn't what you want or like. The point is reputation, and building relationship. The classifieds are a side benefit of the forums. Is that difficult to grasp? No one wants to deal with someone they don`t know.
    I don’t care if I know them or not, likely the only time we meet. It’s business, is it that difficult to grasp?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don’t care if I know them or not, likely the only time we meet. It’s business, is it that difficult to grasp?

I think you have to be careful about terming your classifieds trades as business. If you're in the gun trading business, it brings up a host of other concerns from all sorts of folks watching. :twocents:

The INGO classifieds, as I understand them, were established as a perk to membership, so that contact among friends could be made for the oportunity of private sales, trades and the like.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've bought and sold with members that I was familiar with and those that I was not so familiar with, but to a man, I came away from the transaction with the feeling that I had met a good person, and in some cases, made a new friend. That's a bonus to me. One member I now consider to be one of my best friends, all from selling some ammo to him back in 2013. You just never know where that transaction might take you.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I've bought and sold with members that I was familiar with and those that I was not so familiar with, but to a man, I came away from the transaction with the feeling that I had met a good person, and in some cases, made a new friend. That's a bonus to me. One member I now consider to be one of my best friends, all from selling some ammo to him back in 2013. You just never know where that transaction might take you.
    Plus, the relationship made and built here in the Forums gives you confidence that a person is trustworthy and reliable. That would be incredibly important to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Plus, the relationship made and built here in the Forums gives you confidence that a person is trustworthy and reliable. That would be incredibly important to me.
    Funny thing is, other than reading him occasionally on here, I had no idea what he was like (although I had an idea). I had decided to get rid of all my 7.62x25 ammo at the time and he wanted to buy it. We found out through talking at the meet up that we were both into old milsurp stuff.

Later, he offered up two 50 round boxes of .22 LR ammo to anyone that would let him shoot a "cool" gun (this was back in the Obama 22 drought). He got several offers, but mine won. That introduced me to Martinsville Sportsman Conservation Club, where he was a member (it was a Gew 88 btw). I was so impressed with the club, that I ended up joining, and that was back when you had to wait in line on New Years Eve because they only took new members on New Years Day at 8 a.m..

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    It's the new software. It doesn't change it like it used to. We can do it manually. But for temp bans, we would have to remember to change it back. For Perma, we change it.
    For perma, you should call it an "overshooter" IMO.

I do think people should watch the Big Lebowski just to have cultural relevance, but I don't think it's particularly good... :dunno:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I believe you. She would have to be a saint to have had the patients to raise you. Lol
    Believe it or not I was a good kid (thanks mom). Did good in school, never did drugs, basketball and baseball. It wasn’t until I turned 21 and bought my house that I became the smart ass hot head we all know today ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom