• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The practice of saying kooky things in order to get noticed knows no party.

Shrink federal gvt.? Sure, other than that... Perhaps she needs to talk to a wider circle of people.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

MTG…Patriot or Traitor?
    More like a troll. Although, I don't think she's smart enough to be a troll.

MTG is a blonde version of AOC.

They're on different sides, but same level of stupidity and senseless rhetoric.
    And if we get a divorce, who gets the house?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    What’s worse saying things that turn heads …. Or going with the flow like the McConnells and such?? Seems “compromise” hasn’t been much compromising more like our side caving to radical left demands.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I honestly wish secession/breaking up of the Union wasn't viewed as such a kooky, evil bogeyman.

Why does it seem to ridiculous to say, "Look, the nation is divided into two extremely polarized camps that have radically different viewpoints on how our society should be structured, what our social values should be, and what the role of the state is. Rather than try to force everyone into conformity, why don't we just realize that being a Union isn't in our best mutual interest anymore, and go our separate ways amicably?" I know there's plenty of practical objections to that idea, but why is it automatically shut down as hateful and evil?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Wasn't this already tried one time?
    I guess that really is the problem isn't it. The only other time in the past it was tried, it was done all the wrong ways and for all the wrong reasons, so now everybody assumes that anyone who suggests it is a kook.

But if you think about it, that's as irrational as saying that anyone who wants to ask a bank for a loan is hateful and evil, because one time you saw someone try to rob a bank with a gun.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It’s becoming clear to me we are approaching a time where the philosophical lines are so deeply divided we will not be able to share a country with each other.

Used to be we pretty much agreed the country was worth fighting for and differed on the best approach to achieve that “more perfect union”. That’s no longer the case. Some want to destroy every institution and trash the foundations and build a new version that’s in every way at odds with our founding. We have no common ground with those people.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I honestly wish secession/breaking up of the Union wasn't viewed as such a kooky, evil bogeyman.

Why does it seem to ridiculous to say, "Look, the nation is divided into two extremely polarized camps that have radically different viewpoints on how our society should be structured, what our social values should be, and what the role of the state is. Rather than try to force everyone into conformity, why don't we just realize that being a Union isn't in our best mutual interest anymore, and go our separate ways amicably?" I know there's plenty of practical objections to that idea, but why is it automatically shut down as hateful and evil?
    See: Balkanization

That idea has never turned out well

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    What would Jefferson think.
    Well, let's check.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...The only other time in the past it was tried, it was done all the wrong ways and for all the wrong reasons...
    Despite the crystal clear historical record, we can't get a great many of the people who think it's a good idea today to acknowledge what the real reasons were and that they were wrong. I'm not sure how a second stab at breaking up could work if many on the side in favor can't get that straight.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not in favor of giving up ground. I want our country back. I want to restore the constituon and have a limited government that realizes THE PEOPLE are the masters. Restore power back to the states and hold states accountable that violate theor agreements. Im tired of the daily tyranny from 3 branches of government.
    it's too fat and bankrupt.

Top Bottom