Not open for further replies.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    MBG,

I want to thank you very much for your offer. At this time I think we have something set up and are good to go. It will take a week or two to get our ducks in a row but we should be in good shape soon. Once again.. Thanks :ingo:

Mike

Well, spill! What is the issue? Bandwidth? Memory utilization? I/O speed?

Are you still using mySQL ? In addition to rackspace and bandwidth, I can help with an MS-SQL server. One that can grow into a cluster if need be.

Lets get our heads together and make something happen. If you guys want to come see the Datacenter, let me know when you can meet downtown. A few of our customers are INGO members also!

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    Awesome! Let me know if I can do anything to help.

and to teknickle:

I do not beleive FOSS is junk. I use mySQL where appropriate. It is lacking some features that keep it out of some of the businesses I consult for.

Anyway, if you are ever in need of new hosting, the offer still stands. Heck, if tech interests you, come do the tour anyway :)

Thanks for a great site!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    We seem to have quite a few members with bikes, how about an INGO ride and shoot poker run. If we could get guys from say 3 gun clubs interested we could ride from one club to the next and shoot a couple mags at each making the targets playing cards. At the end of the run the guy with the best hand wins and gets half the pot, the other half goes to INGO. Charge say $10 per shooter. I am a member at FCVCC get someone from say MCFG and Martinsville those 3 clubs would make a nice 100/150 mile circle starting from Indy...
    :+1:I'm in on this one but better make it soon before the weather turns.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    what about poker tournements. set up as many as you can across the state. everyone throws in say 20 bucks or so. if you are playing with 7 people at your table and win you get 70 bucks and ingo gets 70. truth be known i bet alot of the time the winner would give all of it back but its a idea. im not sure how many members are in my area but im sure the indy, ft wayne and bigger citys could get quite a few tables. plus it could turn into a weekly thing with some people

Poker? Can you teach me how to play? :D

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    aFu_WorkForBandwidth.gif

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    What parts ya need for server? Are you doing a real small form server case or mid? Xeon cpu or just a quad core? I run a small computer shop...if ya are building your own server i can help for sure! PM me with what ya need..:)

Bada Boom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    West Indiana
    Of the current supporters how many more $ per suporter would you need for this thing to work. I'm guessing during this process we would get a few new ones as well. Just a thought.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I suggest looking into Amazon's EC2 cloud solutions.
    Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)

Also, I will donate my time ( $50 an hour ) to harden and setup said Linux server. I also have 4GB of ECC PC4200 server RAM I'd be more than willing to give to the INGO cause; providing a server is actually being bought and stored in a datacentre.

We could also look into memcaching, hardware load balancing etc solutions as well.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It would also be very nice to not have to mail a check to donate or go thru HatePal(PayPal) to support the site. I personally do appreciate the offers for tech support/hosting/free equipment to get this site running faster. I think that is very noble of the users who are offering their services, so hats off to You folks! I have had nothing but a pleasant experience here. I have been a member since mid 08 and really had not had a chance to get on more until recently. I want to throw some money at this problem but I just dont do paypal and i dont write many personal checks these days. I have the highest regard for the site admin and the mods and members, but i would like to take a moment and say that I would like to log in to INGO, do what I would like to do here, log off and get on with the rest of my life. I just feel like I am wasting time in my short lifespan waiting on pages to load and refresh and so forth. Please take no ill regard in my statement. YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMAN HERE ARE GREAT AND I AM BECOMING ADDICTED TO THE SITE, IT FEELS LIKE FAMILY HERE!!!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Guys and gals, believe me that we are working on this. It's not a simple "plug and play" fix. We want this site to be "normal" as much as you do, but it does take some time. Thanks for all your support!
    :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom