• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If you carry IWB with a small gun there are so many options! But if you are set on a pocket pistol; which I think its great to own a pocket gun as there then are not any excuses to not carry at some point. But to the point, if you are set on a pocket pistol; from what you listed I would also recommend the Kahr. You really can't go wrong with it for a pocket gun. As some have said you may look into the CM9 rather than the PM9. It will fit in a pocket better than others you have listed and not only that it really is a quality gun IMO especially for the money on the CM9

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Lots of good material, suggestions and observations. My thoughts, if you want a 9mm, it's the PM/CM9. I believe it is the smallest "regular" 9 out there. I do not find mine to be snappy, but everyone is different. I cannot carry it in everything I ware, and obviously the bigger, roomy clothes will work best. I carry mine in a DeSantis and it will look "lumpy" if I'm wearing something tailored, but it's nearly impossible to make it print in that holster. If you think you may want a particular pistol, by all means shoot one before buying. Good luck.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Look at the Sig P938. Single stack single action 9mm. Like a little 1911. They come in several different color combos.

Until recently, my edc was a KelTec PF-9. That would disappear with a tucked in shirt and a good IWB holster but they had problems with some of them. I had a good one. I traded it of for a S&W that was a bit bigger.

I went up north this weekend and held one at On Target in Kalamazoo. I really liked the feel; I'm adding this one to my list. I'm down to the P938, PPS, PM/CM 9 or possibly the CW9 if the size isn't an issue. I still love the Solo but I don't want to be forced to buy 147 grain hollow points every range trip.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I've seen those on a few YouTube reviews. Doesn't that stuff tear up your hand at the range? It looks just like skateboard grip tape.
    Hickok 45 likes the sandpaper type...I like the rubber type. Way better on the hands than without. I started a thread on it a few months ago...with pictures.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Hickok 45 likes the sandpaper type...I like the rubber type. Way better on the hands than without. I started a thread on it a few months ago...with pictures.

Could you provide a link? Maybe I'm not very good at this yet but I searched up to 4 weeks back on your profile (as far as it would let me go) and I didn't see it.

Thanks.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think your concern about printing, given the possibility of getting fired is real! I'm 5'10"/150 and I often carry an 'officer's' model under a sweat shirt and even a t-shirt w/o stampeding any 'sheeple', but not when I need to go under "deep cover". For the 1st time, I've started working in an office setting and I've been carrying my kahr cm9 in a "belly-band" holster. Unless I get "bump frisked" no one is going to know. I used to have a Colt mustang for this kind of role but I felt the safety was too close to the web of my hand to reliably disengage it in a hurry, so it traded places with the kahr.
    I'd avoid pocket carry unless you plan on carrying in a coat pocket or you're going to carry something "lilliputian" like a Seecamp or an N.American Arms(?) mini revolver. I've got small hands and trying to grip a handgun and draw from a pocket has been a bit like the monkey trying to pull a piece of fruit out of a jar. :-D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    I Missed the part about being fired if you're "caught". I don't know, Man, if it were me in that situation I'd carry something really tiny like an LCP.

Well I didn't say it but I have said I'm an engineer in another post so it'd be easy to put together. I've been looking up a lot of cc holsters and have been pretty impressed with some of the results. I think something the size of a CW9 or smaller would be quite manageable. Someone also suggested sports coats and I loved that idea, probably the best solution in every season but summer.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    I may be a cheap bastard, but a makarov is hard to beat for this POU, its essenitally the vodka drinking Walther ppk. And the CZ 82 is even better with more accuracy and capacity in almost the same size

Top Bottom