• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Actually it was a burglary. You rob a person, you burglarize an unoccupied house.

Still sucks either way.

If you send me an email with make, model and serial numbers on Thursday I can check all the pawn shops for you from work. It would save you lots of calls and time.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    This:
    Man, these couple of threads just reiterate the fact that I need a safe...

And This:
    Actually it was a burglary. You rob a person, you burglarize an unoccupied house.

Still sucks either way.

If you send me an email with make, model and serial numbers on Thursday I can check all the pawn shops for you from work. It would save you lots of calls and time.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    That sux. I used to live in BG. Parents still do. It is not the same old Beech Grove it used to be. But unfortunatelly this can happen anywhere. Hopefully these people get caught and nothing stupid happens with the firearms they got. But hey they antigun nuts want to punish the law abiding citizens all the time even though this is how the criminals generally arm themselves.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I never judge a man until I've walked a mile in their shoes. But even then, I wouldn't leave my pi$$ in their toilet.:noway:

Sorry to hear. I hope they are recovered (and +1 for a gun safe.)

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If they left **** in your toilet they may have spit in your open containers in the fridge, I'd throw anything that was open away.

Sorry this happened to you - I had my house burglarized when I was a kid.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Another example of the need for a gun safe. A $2500 delux safe is great but a $250-$500 safe will provide protection against most thefts and keep guns away from children. Plus it's good for other valuables besides your guns.

The theft would be covered under you homeowners or renters insurance policy. You do have insurance don't you??

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Burglaries - entering a residence to commit a felony - are on the rise. Thefts/Conversions as well as robberies are on the rise. You can get a DOJ approved safe for $258 on amazon - not top of the line lol - but it will do.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    To add to this:

1. Make it difficult or make your residence less of a target for burglary by keeping night lights on outside of the house.
    Motion lights work as well but will only deter someone if activated.
    2. Unused doors or entrances should be bolted shut or barricaded (check fire regs however).
    3. Get your neighbors phone numbers that you trust can look out for you (often old retired are good for this).
    4.Get a gun safe
    5. Don't brag or show your guns off
    6. When walking to a vehicle don't announce that you are armed with gun cases and make sure no one is driving by at the time who could say "There goes a guy with guns" because you never know who it is or who they might tell.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I don't have a safe yet but I have all of my "inactive" weapons locked and secured in cases with good masterlocks.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    That is why I have a big hard to break into safe.

With nothing in it.

The guns are hidden elsewhere, locked up.

I work in the security industry. You will never stop anyone from perpetrating a crime, you can only delay them (unless they decide the crime is not worth their effort and most of these idiots are lazy).

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe you will get a safe to put your guns in so this won't happen again.

If you think safes will keep your weapons from being stolen you are mistake. I know several who thought that.
    I wish I could have seen the looks on their faces when they found the whole damn safe missing. :D

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I hate thieves. It is a horrible feeling to have something that you worked hard for taken from you. Don't forget to notify the police if you haven't already.

norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    May I ask where in BG you live? I'm on 5th Ave and I've noticed more and more stragners walking around, especially in the alley. Also, the other night someone walked across my yard (fresh prints in fresh dirt; not too smart of a trespasser!).

Top Bottom