• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ...or when people protest, it's dismissed as simply an opportunity to loot and burn things. Nevermind the fact that there have been literally hundreds of protests surrounding these issues, and comparatively few instances of looting and burning. Who brings that point up? Where's the pushback?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I wish I was this guy......

meeting-latin-women.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    ...or when people protest, it's dismissed as simply an opportunity to loot and burn things. Nevermind the fact that there have been literally hundreds of protests surrounding these issues, and comparatively few instances of looting and burning. Who brings that point up? Where's the pushback?

I think we have been pretty hard on the ANTIFA looting and burning....And they are not minorities by any means...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Or, when a black guy shoot a white woman exiting a church. One of the first things posted was how "if this had of been a white guy, the city would already be burning." Immediately seizing on the racial component. Who pushed back on that ignorance?

The guy who said "let's wait until we have more information", who, essentially, always says that?

But do you not think that a different racial makeup in this incident would have cause a difference in how the incident as covered? If you think that, methinks you are naive (which I can't believe" or simply have a position.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hardly, I'm becoming (as indiucky says) a "mirror." If you choose to allow other members to play identitarian politics, without challenge, then you can expect the same from me, challenge or not. If you and some of the other, in my mind, more reasonable members dealt with such instances with an even hand, it wouldn't be an issue. But I rarely see that done. Who was it the other day who spoke about minorities, and how they raised their kids to be victims rather than hard workers? Not some, not few.... simply minorities. You'd call that "all" right? But hey that's ok, it fits more or less in line with many of the member's thinking, doesn't it? No need say anything. Or, when it's ok to refer to one First Lady in an unkind way, it's ok... but if you talk about the First Lady of the guy I agree with... well, now, then it's a problem.

I have challenged them. Were you not around during the primaries.

A football star saying/doing what Kaepernick did, resulting in creating exponentially greater division in this country than there already was, is not equal to someone on an internet forum saying in a way that implies all minorities raise their kids to be victims. EVERYONE heard Kaepernick. Who reads every post? So what is sufficiently "even handed" for you?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The guy who said "let's wait until we have more information", who, essentially, always says that?

But do you not think that a different racial makeup in this incident would have cause a difference in how the incident as covered? If you think that, methinks you are naive (which I can't believe" or simply have a position.

I gave a nod to you. And as far as the incident were referencing, does ignorance make a difference depending on where it originates?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have challenged them. Were you not around during the primaries.

A football star saying/doing what Kaepernick did, resulting in creating exponentially greater division in this country than there already was, is not equal to someone on an internet forum saying in a way that implies all minorities raise their kids to be victims. EVERYONE heard Kaepernick. Who reads every post? So what is sufficiently "even handed" for you?

I've have yet to see this. Maybe you'll surprise me in the future.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ...Or, when a black guy shoot a white woman exiting a church. One of the first things posted was how "if this had of been a white guy, the city would already be burning." Immediately seizing on the racial component. Who pushed back on that ignorance?

But is it true? Why can't we first consider that? If it's true, it's a reasonable point to make. Are there far too many incidents of Blacks being treated differently by some police? Yes. That's a reasonable point to make. Is all of America racist? No. Not a reasonable point to make.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just so I'm clear, kneeling is the new battlefield of the culture war now that who uses what bathroom is old and broken?

It's this generation's flag burning. Want it to stop? Ignore it and don't reward it with attention and relevance. It literally only has the power you give it. No one is injured, no is forced to do anything, no one is intimidated, etc. The only affect is your reaction, which you can control. And the more outraged you are, the more market there is for both the act and for crusades against it by those seeking gain and limelight.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But is it true? Why can't we first consider that? If it's true, it's a reasonable point to make. Are there far too many incidents of Blacks being treated differently by some police? Yes. That's a reasonable point to make. Is all of America racist? No. Not a reasonable point to make.

Eight people were killed by a racist in Charlotte. What happened in the aftermath? I'd question your opinion on what is true and what is not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just so I'm clear, kneeling is the new battlefield of the culture war now that who uses what bathroom is old and broken?

It's this generation's flag burning. Want it to stop? Ignore it and don't reward it with attention and relevance. It literally only has the power you give it. No one is injured, no is forced to do anything, no one is intimidated, etc. The only affect is your reaction, which you can control. And the more outraged you are, the more market there is for both the act and for crusades against it by those seeking gain and limelight.

My Fox News addict mother in law was complaining about all the kneeling. I asked her if everyone would have ignored Kaepernick from the very beginning, how long would it have been a thing. Would it be a thing now?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

This is NO PLACE for wisdom!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Eight people were killed by a racist in Charlotte. What happened in the aftermath? I'd question your opinion on what is true and what is not.

You're going to need to be more specific. Enigmatic statements aren't my specialty.

Top Bottom