• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're going to need to be more specific. Enigmatic statements aren't my specialty.

I said Charlotte, I mean Charleston. If it's "true" that people would be burning a city down if the most recent church shooting in TN had races reversed, why didn't it happen in Charleston?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Bitter? I love my country. It hasn't given me anything that I have not worked hard for.

Really? You think your hard work would have resulted in the same results had you been born in Somalia or Russia?

Your country gave you opportunity, a framework you could succeed in, an infrastructure to let you advance yourself, and a culture and economy with both social and economic mobility.

My country has given me a lot. I'm in a much better place than I was born in to. Yes, you have to work to take advantage of the gifts and opportunity given, but I can't fathom saying my country never gave me anything.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My Fox News addict mother in law was complaining about all the kneeling. I asked her if everyone would have ignored Kaepernick from the very beginning, how long would it have been a thing. Would it be a thing now?

i was just saying the same thing the other day. Ignore them, don't show them on the TV, nothing. Some people like attention, even if it's negative attention. Me,me,me, look at me! We are setting a precedent for future generations of even worse displays. Already reading about very young kids at school taking a knee during the pledge- they don't even know why!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Really? You think your hard work would have resulted in the same results had you been born in Somalia or Russia?

Your country gave you opportunity, a framework you could succeed in, an infrastructure to let you advance yourself, and a culture and economy with both social and economic mobility.

My country has given me a lot. I'm in a much better place than I was born in to. Yes, you have to work to take advantage of the gifts and opportunity given, but I can't fathom saying my country never gave me anything.

I thought I made myself clear.

This is NO PLACE for wisdom!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Yes really, I am fortunate enough to have been born American, but it was not given to me.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    His opinion is null and void because he is a draft dodging coward...

Resisting military conscription is no more cowardly than resisting or dodging any other attempt at mass enslavement by the State.

Neither should mere compliance be ascribed to bravery.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Resisting military conscription is no more cowardly than resisting or dodging any other attempt at mass enslavement by the State.

Neither should mere compliance be ascribed to bravery.

Though I disagree, you, of course, are always consistent. Carry on.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When I first opened this thread, the thought hit me that I may begin kneeling for the National Anthem with head in hands weeping for the brave who provided me a free home.

CornMuffin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately it wasn't professional on his part to protest in his uniform. I do strongly agree with his stance, and I know why he did what he did. He just should have done it in another way. Not place of work wants to be shown off as a supporter of something when they have multiple opinions on the inside. I don't know if he should have been fired though. I think other action could have been taken. Social media is the devil though, it makes people do crazy things.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I take the draft is back on?
    And KUT was born in Belgium?

Then "strangle hold" Ted is in the top 40?

I hate showing up late!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Listen again to the ad. Everytime he sees the flag wave he thinks of...not, the people braved the rough seas to get here, not those who fled oppression, not those who looked for freedom, not those who marched for freedom, not those who worked hard and built our economic might, not those who toiled in the farms and field, not the bakers, the farmers, the seamen, the tailors, the lawyers, the truck drivers, the doctors.... he, in his own words, does not stand to honor them, the people (including soldiers) who make up the collective America, he stands in remembrance of one group the military. If "Dom" allowed to point out a specific group as to why he stands (omitting all others), why can't the NFL kneelers pick out a specific issue as to why they aren't standing.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well if you lump in all of those who bulit this country as you have, that is all the more reason to stand. Wow I am glad you are starting to see the point.

Let us replace the flag with your mom.

Are you going to eat at the restaruant where they won't let her eat?

Didin't this all start on gold star mothers day? Or was it farmers, industrialists and shopkeepers day?

I never have supported the NFL, those who have and choose not to are free to do that. If you want to go to a game and buy a jersey more power to you.

Freedom, because the shop owners gave it to us.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Well if you lump in all of those who bulit this country as you have, that is all the more reason to stand. Wow I am glad you are starting to see the point.

Let us replace the flag with your mom.

Are you going to eat at the restaruant where they won't let her eat?

Didin't this all start on gold star mothers day? Or was it farmers, industrialists and shopkeepers day?

I never have supported the NFL, those who have and choose not to are free to do that. If you want to go to a game and buy a jersey more power to you.

Freedom, because the shop owners gave it to us.

Nobody "gives" you freedom. It's inalienable. Endowed by your Creator.

Top Bottom