• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Tomorrow evening, I will be grilling, and I always clean my own grill, after the previous cooking and then again before I start cooking, so I ain't skeered of what I will be eating.

It's the Wife's birthday, our Anniversary, and our salute, to all the soldiers who have fought for our freedom to grill freely.

Happy Memorial Day/Weekend to all our soldiers, sailors, and airmen. :patriot:

The menu;
    Mesquite smoked Blue Marlin, with fresh Gulf Jumbo Shrimp, baked potato, cole slaw, baked beans, beer and a little wine. :rockwoot:

4375009975_5555697f34_z.jpg

Gulf-fresh-shrimp.jpg

That look magnificent! :rockwoot:
    Do you use the same grill for fish and red meat or chicken? If so, is there any "taste contamination" left behind from the fish?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Tomorrow evening, I will be grilling, and I always clean my own grill, after the previous cooking and then again before I start cooking, so I ain't skeered of what I will be eating.

It's the Wife's birthday, our Anniversary, and our salute, to all the soldiers who have fought for our freedom to grill freely.

Happy Memorial Day/Weekend to all our soldiers, sailors, and airmen. :patriot:

The menu;
    Mesquite smoked Blue Marlin, with fresh Gulf Jumbo Shrimp, baked potato, cole slaw, baked beans, beer and a little wine. :rockwoot:

4375009975_5555697f34_z.jpg

Gulf-fresh-shrimp.jpg

You're my hero man, really. Where does one find a slab-o-marlin like that to smoke?

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    That look magnificent! :rockwoot:
    Do you use the same grill for fish and red meat or chicken? If so, is there any "taste contamination" left behind from the fish?

I do not use the same cooking surface for meat and fish. I bought an extra grill to use in the same cooker when I am doing meat and fish at the same time, or usually I'll use the gas grill for one, and the charcoal for the other.

You're my hero man, really. Where does one find a slab-o-marlin like that to smoke?

"The Butcher Block" in Bloomington on the east side behind Best Buy. They are a bit pricey, but it is all fresh as it can be in Bloomington, Indiana and we only buy the really good stuff for special occasions. They have great variety of fresh seafood and really good beef.

The Blue Marlin was 21.99 a pound and the fresh Jumbo Gulf Shrimp was $23.00 a pound. We also picked up some really nice Rib Eye's for the in-laws that are not seafood eaters.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    What you plan to be eating. Did ya read the article?

Yep, read it.
    But I do not use a wire brush to clean my stainless steel grill grates, never have.

I spray oven cleaner on the grates when I am done, let them soak for a while, then wash them good with warm soapy water and scrub them with a scotch brite pad, then store them, then before cooking I wash them in warm soapy water, put them on the grill while the charcoal is getting hot and then cook up a storm.

I, or my guests, won't be eating any bristles out of a wire brush, that I don't use.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I use one of those scrubber pads with a handle to clean my grill. It's nylon and the same general idea like a brillo pad. My grill grates are nonstick coated, so I don't want to use a wire brush (even though I have one I used on the old gas grill).

Not only does the scrubber I use clean the grates, but it also then seasons the grates (as much as they can be seasoned). I then make sure my fire is hot enough to kill anything. Every once in a while, I'll bring the grates in and clean them in the sink with soapy water.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    This is how I clean my grill. I get the biggest onion from the grocery and I cut it in half. Once the grill heats up nice and hot I use the half onion with some peanut oil on it, to scrub the grill. The grilling onion smells great and it does a good job of getting the nuggets off the grill. Then I usually chop up the onion, put it in some foil with a squirt of olive oil and a pinch of rosemary, and just leave it to simmer on the grill while I cook the rest of the food...it's a good side dish or steak topping.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is how I clean my grill. I get the biggest onion from the grocery and I cut it in half. Once the grill heats up nice and hot I use the half onion with some peanut oil on it, to scrub the grill. The grilling onion smells great and it does a good job of getting the nuggets off the grill. Then I usually chop up the onion, put it in some foil with a squirt of olive oil and a pinch of rosemary, and just leave it to simmer on the grill while I cook the rest of the food...it's a good side dish or steak topping.

Damn - That sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna try that.
    But after getting my nuggets off with the onion - I really don't think I should eat it.

I bet it will make my underwear smell good though. :D

Top Bottom