AAR: 2010 INGO NFA Alumni Day (Sun 9/19)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Awesome; those smiles are priceless.

But what's with that picture of my [strike]butt[/strike] belt?

It wasn't your butt, it was your 'bat belt' of gear that attracted her attention. There are only so many ways to take pictures of people shooting guns (unless you want to position yourself along the line of targets...:n00b:). So Mrs. lovemywoods is always looking for some novel or interesting way to capture the essence of the event. Looks like your butt was novel enough to make it in! :D

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Range Recovery

I spent some time yesterday and today doing he final tasks to clean up the range after the pounding it took on NFA Day and NFA Alumni Day. Because it’s been so dry, it held up remarkably well! Also, the NFA Day participants did a wonderful job of cleaning up right after the events.

My biggest issue was the bees. The bees had come in to feast on all the watermelon guts on the ground. I nuked them with one whole can of wasp killer. I managed to not get stung.

The shooting tables are still serviceable, just a bit ‘holier’ than before. I installed a new steel cable that I had in the barn after the first one was finally sheared by the volume of lead coming down-range. After adding a few new bowling pins, it’s ready to go. Integraholic is coming down on Thursday to introduce a new shooter to firearms.

Here’s the range today.

55l84j.jpg

I was astonished by how thorough everyone was as they cleaned up. I walked around today gathering up any missed brass. All I could find would fit in my two cupped hands. Think about it, after two days of shooting, the participants collected 5 five gallon buckets of brass and all they missed was about 2 cups worth! Amazing!

Maintaining the range is a labor of love because I enjoy sharing it with others. I tip my hat to everyone who helped pick up brass and clean up the range. You saved me boatloads of time and effort! :yesway: :ingo:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was astonished by how thorough everyone was as they cleaned up. I walked around today gathering up any missed brass. All I could find would fit in my two cupped hands. Think about it, after two days of shooting, the participants collected 5 five gallon buckets of brass and all they missed was about 2 cups worth! Amazing!

Maintaining the range is a labor of love because I enjoy sharing it with others. I tip my hat to everyone who helped pick up brass and clean up the range. You saved me boatloads of time and effort! :yesway: :ingo:

As responsible shooters, we should always try to leave any facility better than we found it. Even more so when it belongs to one of our friends and was generously loaned to us to host our event. It would be disrespectful to do otherwise.

:ingo:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    First, thank you so much to Dave and family for hosting another wonderful shoot. We couldn't hope for a better facility.

now for some random thoughts

1. I need a sear so I can justify buying an MM23E, or vice versa. Thank you Chuck P for letting me shoot it. I don't think I have ever seen any belt fed run so flawlessly with so many different types of ammo.

2. The Kriss is neat, but I would rather lug around my heavy old thompson. Maybe if I ran a couple thousand rounds through it, I would like it more.

3. NO MORE PRECISION CARTRIDGE IN THE THOMPSON

4. When shooting the serbu, watch your chin. (right Raoul)

5. It is really hard to carry on a conversation with an AK firing 10 feet away

6. Having to let someone knock the cocking knob back on your thompson with a hammer and a block of wood is someting I never want to do again.

7. NFA day always re affirms my belief that you will always meet the nicest people in the presence of the nicest firearms.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    6. Having to let someone knock the cocking knob back on your thompson with a hammer and a block of wood is someting I never want to do again.

LOL. Nick asked me if I had a mallet in my toolbox. Not knowing what he needed it for, I said, "No, but I've got a brass hammer". Nick's face got kinda screwed up and he said, "Yeah, I don't think he'll go for that." :): Then he told me what was up, and I offered the block of wood.

It worked, didn't it? No Thompsons were harmed in the making of this event. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom