AAR: 2010 INGO NFA Alumni Day (Sun 9/19)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Don't forget what was chucked into the woods but not recovered. :)

True! It's probably a low estimate since it was developed by combining guessing with punching numbers on a calculator adjusted by approximation and pronounced perfect by the engineer!

In actuality, Mrs. Lovemywoods and Kr_treefrog2 helped me sort the brass casings from the steel. There were 2.5 buckets of brass and 2.5 buckets of steel and hulls (and grass and acorns..).

I weighed each type of brass and calculated an estimate of how many casings were there based on knowing casings/pound. I had to guess the 5.7 and 7.65x39 since I didn’t have those conversions.

Then I estimated the number of steel pieces taking into account that most of the steel was 5.56/.223 and 7.62x39 which are bigger and heavier than the 9mm and 5.7 and .40S&W casings etc.

And that my friends is how you make educated guesses! :rockwoot:

[p.s. There may be some brass casings show up on the INGO classifieds soon....or I may decide to start reloading!] :D

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's a wolf spider. I spent all day [strike]looking[/strike] diligently researching while i was at work...

(cause I have nothing else better to do between phone calls)

:D

That's what I had it listed as but I wasn't entirely sure. I was happy thinking it was a wolf spider because they are virtually harmless to humans. (Not a spider fan in any way, shape, or form)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom