• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Fun! I'm glad I finally made it out to one this year. Cold pizza and cupcakes :drool: Shooting was fun too. :ar15:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone could have started the AAR ya just being LAZY!!!
    Plus I just got around to doing INGO stuff as the TAW money report kicked my butt today.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $111
    Expenses: ($111) - 12 sheets of plywood donated to DNR
    Donations: $78
    Post-Event Pot: $78

--FOOD UPDATE--
    Thank you to all the brought food.
    The pop and chips helped a lot.

We now have too much pop. :) Special thanks to BDS JIN for all the pop!
    22 cans of coke
    24 cans of pepsi
    24 cans of Mt. Dew
    12 cans of Orange
    17 cans of Root Beer
    12 cans of Sprit
    2 Bags of Lay's Chips
    4 boxes of breakfast bars (ast flavors)

We stocked up on paper plates and ketchup as well.
    If anyone sees Ketchup for under a dollar please let me know.
    2 years ago Menards had it at that price and I took 30 bottles and that lasted us 2 years. :)

BTW Bob those red hot sausage :drool: and gg the PINK cupcake :wwub:

---THE RANGE---
    We had a lot of new faces this time and even members from Indy!!!
    Sadclwon was able to help new member BDS JIN with his AR and getting it sighted in.
    That thing has a lot of stuff on it. It looked super tactical. :)

Black label molested me BTW with his GLOCK :puke: guns and by giving me a big bear hug.
    i lllllooooovvvvveeeeeddddd it. ;)

MTN thanks for letting me shoot that .308 bolt gun. It was nice on the recoil.
    Gstanley its just not the same when your grandaughter does not come. Tell her we miss her on the line.
    Your guns are way to snappy for Jedi. :rofl:

--FINAL COMMENTS--
    See you all in 2 weeks!

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Had a good time nice to see everyone. My friend mike couldn't stop talking about how nice everyone was, and how grateful he was to shoot other people's guns. Food was great, cupcakes awesome.

I would like to thank gstanley for letting me shoot his sporter 1903 Springfield. And cbhausen for shooting the tavor.

My .308 reloads came out better then expected. Had nice grouping on 100 yard line. It will get better once I put the scope back on.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Had a great time as always... Good people, good gun's, and good food.....

I took a couple pictures but not many of the group.. there were these sexy gun's laying around soooooo , although I did get one of ericwp shooting his AR 57...

eric5866ahdrch.jpg

eric65o5881hdrc.jpg

eric57o5877hdrc.jpg

rugar5889hdrc.jpg

arextar5892hdrc2.jpg

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Only one I got to this year but had fun. Enjoyed shooting the Grendel and compared some shotguns. Never did get down to the 100yd line, maybe next time but the Grendel is good to good I'm sure!

Mark that pistol is pretty cool. So is that 5.7, Eric.

BDS JIN what was the foregrip you had on your AR. I've never seen that one before but liked the egronomics on it.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    had a blast today, got to fire a few new (to me) guns and they all worked well. was a little disappointed the last time i took out my AR with the very expensive Tactical Fire Control, Inc. | 3MR Trigger for AR-15 trigger, but today, i think after a bit of break in, i ran GREAT! shoulda took video, but once i got the right feel for it i could dump a 30rd mag in under 5 seconds easily. prolly quicker, but wasn't timing, need to do that. and dammit mark, i gotta have one of those EXTAR EXP's now. and they'r in stock.........................................................

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    It was good catching up with everyone today, and meeting some new people.

Jedi you started it with your weird pinky hug, I just ended it with the bear hug. I was just defending myself.
    You were double molested, don't forget about aclark.

DK that extar exp is the least of your worries, t_star said she was going to make you buy her a vector. Guess she didn't drop that bomb yet.

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    --FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $111
    Expenses: ($111) - 12 sheets of plywood donated to DNR
    Donations: $78
    Post-Event Pot: $78

--FOOD UPDATE--
    Thank you to all the brought food.
    The pop and chips helped a lot.

We now have too much pop. :) Special thanks to BDS JIN for all the pop!
    22 cans of coke
    24 cans of pepsi
    24 cans of Mt. Dew
    12 cans of Orange
    17 cans of Root Beer
    12 cans of Sprit
    2 Bags of Lay's Chips
    4 boxes of breakfast bars (ast flavors)

We stocked up on paper plates and ketchup as well.
    If anyone sees Ketchup for under a dollar please let me know.
    2 years ago Menards had it at that price and I took 30 bottles and that lasted us 2 years. :)

BTW Bob those red hot sausage :drool: and gg the PINK cupcake :wwub:

---THE RANGE---
    We had a lot of new faces this time and even members from Indy!!!
    Sadclwon was able to help new member BDS JIN with his AR and getting it sighted in.
    That thing has a lot of stuff on it. It looked super tactical. :)

Black label molested me BTW with his GLOCK :puke: guns and by giving me a big bear hug.
    i lllllooooovvvvveeeeeddddd it. ;)

MTN thanks for letting me shoot that .308 bolt gun. It was nice on the recoil.
    Gstanley its just not the same when your grandaughter does not come. Tell her we miss her on the line.
    Your guns are way to snappy for Jedi. :rofl:

--FINAL COMMENTS--
    See you all in 2 weeks!

At your service!

I am really glad to meet all you guys. you all amazing people. I had a really a great time hang out with everybody.

Special thanks to Sadclwon, helped and taught me a lot, also let me to shoot his Scar 16. great person. Wish to hang out with everybody very soon.

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    Only one I got to this year but had fun. Enjoyed shooting the Grendel and compared some shotguns. Never did get down to the 100yd line, maybe next time but the Grendel is good to good I'm sure!

Mark that pistol is pretty cool. So is that 5.7, Eric.

BDS JIN what was the foregrip you had on your AR. I've never seen that one before but liked the egronomics on it.

It is the Strike Industries Cobra grip, Cobra Tactical Fore Grip - AR Rail Attachments - AR - RIFLE ACCESSORIES the official retail price is 25, but you can find it from other online retailer for about 20.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    tbhausen and I had a great time coming up and putting a few faces with names. 100 rounds through my P220 (937 total now) and 160 through the Tavor (300 total now) and both firearms are still 100% reliable (although I probably jinxed them now). We shot some nice enough groups with the Tavor to make it seem possible to do an Appleseed with it and actually keep 'em in the black. I'll have to try that someday. There was lots of food and drink and so many firearms... tbhausen imaged many of them while on display. I'll see if he can post them here.

Thanks everyone for your hospitality. Gun folks in general and INGO folks in particular are some of the most cordial you'll every meet! :yesway:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Had a great time, took my yellow Grendle out to re zero the scope after it got loose. Turns out it was shooting right on target after remounting so no effort was needed other than pulling the trigger.

Got to compare my AR Gold trigger (which is still my favorite) to aclark's CMC trigger and for the money it is hard to justify spending double to get the slightly shorter reset in the AR Gold. I also really liked the flat face and bottom hook on the CMC trigger, made it easy to index finger placement shot to shot. Probably will get a CMC for another of my ARs, it is well worth the price. AR Gold is still a f-ing great trigger, but if you are not competing its probably not worth the cost of admission.

Also thanks to Therese for the maple bacon cupcakes! I got to eat my cupcake and KLBs cupcake.

Didn't mention it, but it was my birthday this weekend so spending time at the range cooking and shooting with friends (and JEDI) is a good way to celebrate.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Had a great time, took my yellow Grendle out to re zero the scope after it got loose. Turns out it was shooting right on target after remounting so no effort was needed other than pulling the trigger.

Got to compare my AR Gold trigger (which is still my favorite) to aclark's CMC trigger and for the money it is hard to justify spending double to get the slightly shorter reset in the AR Gold. I also really liked the flat face and bottom hook on the CMC trigger, made it easy to index finger placement shot to shot. Probably will get a CMC for another of my ARs, it is well worth the price. AR Gold is still a f-ing great trigger, but if you are not competing its probably not worth the cost of admission.

Also thanks to Therese for the maple bacon cupcakes! I got to eat my cupcake and KLBs cupcake.

Didn't mention it, but it was my birthday this weekend so spending time at the range cooking and shooting with friends (and JEDI) is a good way to celebrate.
    My condolences on Jedi.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    It was priceless to see Jedi with his own AR even though it did have some graffiti on the stock and some pink on it....

Top Bottom